PDA

View Full Version : ewww! what did i step in?!

Shaneshu87
09-05-2014, 12:49 PM
ok so i vented my frustrations on another post about sticking on my approach, but it wasn't the normal kind of stick and i want to explain why. after the initial stick, i took my shoe off and got the brush after it, used a little bit of rosin to dry up what i thought was water from the sole of my shoe. next frame... STICK! ok now i'm pissed and i'm sure you've all been there before. i take my shoe off again, back to the brush and rosin... STICK! at this point i can't get any angrier. take my shoe in the back of the house, behind the machines, and after brushing it again, i drug my foot through the fine dust and bowling ball innards from the drilling process, not illegal, and once again... STICK! i'm beyond angry now and by this time i'm ready to bowl in my socks. so i take this up with the owner of the house, we go back in the back, he brushes it, and uses some baby powder on the sole, not exactly legal i know, but even still, i stick... :( so at this point i have resigned myself to just trying to fight it, plus my crazy finger pain, and shoot the worst series of the year with a 524. at the end of the night as we're all packing up i pulled my shoe off and smell what ever it is on my shoe... it smelled like the liquid that goes in those damn E-cigs!!!! then it all fell into place, two of the men we were bowling against had them and then i looked at the table where one was laying and it was laying in a puddle of the crap! grrrr... yes i confronted the gentleman that allowed this monstrosity to ruin my night and all he said was "it always leaks, tough luck" i almost made high swallow that damn thing.

so this is a public service announce to everyone, if you use an E-cig make sure it's not leaking, if your bowling with someone who is using an e-cig watch your step. it's worse than stepping in gum.

bowl1820
09-05-2014, 01:18 PM
i took my shoe off and got the brush after it, used a little bit of rosin to dry up what i thought was water from the sole of my shoe. next frame... STICK!

If by "rosin" you mean the Dry/puffball Type hand drying bag okay , it helps drying up a damp spot some. Then brush the shoe up.

But a true "rosin bag" is meant to give you more grip. They have a white sticky powder substance in them ( I believe a plant extract or similar type material) that gives you a surer grip on the ball. You do not want to put that on your shoe, it will make you stick.

at this point i can't get any angrier. take my shoe in the back of the house, behind the machines, and after brushing it again, i drug my foot through the fine dust and bowling ball innards from the drilling process, not illegal, and once again... STICK!

Not a good idea, dragging your shoe through "dust and bowling ball innard" you don't know exactly what's getting on your sole.

As for it not being illegal, while putting it on the shoe isn't illegal. If you track it up on the approach then your breaking
Rule 12 – Approaches Must Not Be Defaced
The application of any foreign substance on any part of the approach that detracts from the possibility
of other players having normal conditions is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, talcum
powder, pumice and resin on shoes, and/or soft rubber soles or heels that rub off on the approach.

i take this up with the owner of the house, we go back in the back, he brushes it, and uses some baby powder on the sole, not exactly legal

It's not illegal to use baby powder on your shoe, it's illegal to get it on the approach see Rule 12 above.

When applying easy slide, baby powder etc. remember to brush it out and tap the shoe on the carpet/floor (in area where no one will step in it of course). that way your unlikely to track it on the approach.

so this is a public service announce to everyone, if you use an E-cig make sure it's not leaking, if your bowling with someone who is using an e-cig watch your step. it's worse than stepping in gum.

When sticking always remember to check the floor where you walk.

Shaneshu87
09-05-2014, 01:33 PM
lol i made sure i wasnt tracking anything onto the approach, after checking my rosin ball it is actually just chalk. i thought the application of easy slide or baby powder was illegal no matter what, so thank you for clearing that up, this may help to get the slide back in my sole, i'm been brushing it and it still wont come off the sole. worse case, i can just get a new slide but that is even more aggravating

coreyds012778
09-05-2014, 01:43 PM
If they knew the tanks of the e cigs where leaking.

1: why did they not set feather away from bowling area
2: if they can buy replacement tanks for the refillable ecigs (I sell them at my job)
3: keep your eyes and ears open if others are having the problems when they bowl them.

Shaneshu87
09-05-2014, 02:18 PM
If they knew the tanks of the e cigs where leaking.

1: why did they not set feather away from bowling area
2: if they can buy replacement tanks for the refillable ecigs (I sell them at my job)
3: keep your eyes and ears open if others are having the problems when they bowl them.

to put it plain and simple this guy is a D!*K to everyone, our bowling alley made their property a "smoke free" environment, but still allows the E-cigs inside his establishment. this guy just simply did not care, and he's probably to cheap to buy a new one

bowl1820
09-05-2014, 02:20 PM
lol i made sure i wasnt tracking anything onto the approach, after checking my rosin ball it is actually just chalk.

i thought the application of easy slide or baby powder was illegal no matter what, so thank you for clearing that up,
The only time it would be "illegal" to use, would be if it was specified in the rules of a Tournament or league that you couldn't use them.
[/QUOTE]
Commonly Asked Question – Rule 12.
12/1 One of the bowlers is having a difficult time sliding on the approach and applies a
commercial product purchased at the center pro shop to the bottom of his/her shoes.
The product is designed to help a bowler slide. The secretary says she has received
a complaint from the opposing team and notifies the individual to stop using the
substance or the game will be forfeited. Can an officer tell a bowler to stop using the
substance and declare the game forfeited?
Commercial products, talcum powder or any substance applied to the shoe or approach could
be in violation of Rule 12. If a league participant uses a substance and somebody complains
that it prohibits him/her from having normal conditions, the league officer should require
the individual to immediately stop his/her action. If the individual refuses, his/her games are
subject to forfeiture.

this may help to get the slide back in my sole, i'm been brushing it and it still wont come off the sole. worse case, i can just get a new slide but that is even more aggravating

If its a small sticky spot on the sole. you can try taking a damp cloth and cleaning it. let it dry, powder it and brush it out.

Sometime a suede cleaner (it looks like a rubber eraser) can help, use it then powder it and brush it out.

Shaneshu87
09-05-2014, 02:24 PM
thanks bowl1820