PDA

View Full Version : 299

Zothen
09-06-2014, 06:54 PM
Last Wednesday I shot my very first 299 game! So would you buy a ring to go along with the plaque?

bowl1820
09-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Last Wednesday I shot my very first 299 game! So would you buy a ring to go along with the plaque?

No just The Plaque, save the ring for a 300.

foreverincamo
09-13-2014, 05:50 PM
I agree with bowl1820. Save the ring for perfection.

RobLV1
09-13-2014, 05:55 PM
It depends. Did you throw a great shot and leave a 10 pin, a seven pin, and eight pin, or a nine pin? If you did, get the ring. If you went Broklyn and left a five pin, forget it.

Aslan
09-13-2014, 08:07 PM
No. It's like the guys that report honor scores into Hammer or Columbia300 websites because they shot their high game of 223. I mean, hey…it's cool and you get a nice keychain and definitely breaking any milestone is great…but not "ring worthy".

Amyers
09-13-2014, 10:41 PM
No. It's like the guys that report honor scores into Hammer or Columbia300 websites because they shot their high game of 223. I mean, hey…it's cool and you get a nice keychain and definitely breaking any milestone is great…but not "ring worthy".

I don't know total I've been bowling for twenty years a lot of that was as a kid and when scores were lower but you know what I've never got a 299 or a seven hundred series. I don't know that I would buy a ring for either or even a three hundred anymore. One of the guys I bowl with has 34 300's but I'll still be very happy to get either.

None of it means what it used too if it's important to you commemorate it. If you feel the three hundred is around the corner don't bother.

Mudpuppy
09-15-2014, 02:52 PM
Awesome. Great work. Just the plaque imo. Save the ring for 300.

Now in Detroit they make us pay $15 more for sanction fee if we want a 300 ring. I told my team mates screw that I've bowled on a league for 20 years and haven't shot a 300 yet so chances are, like the Lions, I won't this year. If I do I will buy it off ebay or something.

Hey we have a dying dinosaur of a sport here let's raise the fees and **** off the last few remaining league bowlers so we can accelerate the extinction of the sport. Great idea. Maybe the USBC can give our fearless leader tips on how to quadruple the deficit instead of just tripling it. Double down on a double down.

Aslan
09-15-2014, 04:32 PM
like the Lions, I won't this year.

Disappointing, disappointing, disappointing! Last week on Monday Night...AWESOME!!! Then this week they get hammered by Carolina?!

NOT happy!

Mudpuppy
09-17-2014, 10:20 AM
Disappointing, disappointing, disappointing! Last week on Monday Night...AWESOME!!! Then this week they get hammered by Carolina?!

NOT happy!

57 years and still sucking. YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

They should sell the team to Toledo so we could get a professional team in here.

I'm a Raiders fan, always have been, always will be. Lions suck, period. Always hated them always will.