PDA

View Full Version : Ball motion hole

Joker
09-08-2014, 01:59 PM
Recently started using one of the balls i used to throw a lot that has a motion hole. My release now is staying more towards the back of the ball and having more end over end roll compared to back then when i would come around the ball more. But when rolling the ball down the lane, i hear the hole hitting the lane and making a hollow sound. This make any difference on how the ball is going to react or should i just plug and red rill.

Amyers
09-08-2014, 02:26 PM
The ball should not be rolling over the motion hole. Have your driller take a look at it. Your PAP has most likely changed do to the change in your release causing this. They may just change the motion hole or redo the whole thing.

bowl1820
09-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Are you sure your hitting the weight/balance hole and not the thumb hole?

If you changed your release and your having more end over end roll, you could actually be rolling over your thumb hole as opposed to flaring over the weight hole.

Joker
09-17-2014, 09:56 AM
I'm pretty sure its the motion because when I'm looking at my track flare, it looks like the last ring is still a little bit from the thumb hole.

vdubtx
09-17-2014, 10:29 AM
Motion holes are typically on other side of where your track is and closer to your PAP, so I would wager that you are rolling over thumb as Bowl1820 mentioned.

Joker
09-17-2014, 10:52 AM
I actually forgot to mention where the motion hole was. The motion hole was drilled above the pin that is more close to my track flare than the actual thumb hole. It was a weird drilling that was suppose to copy a unique drill pattern.

bowl1820
09-17-2014, 10:54 AM
I'm pretty sure its the motion because when I'm looking at my track flare, it looks like the last ring is still a little bit from the thumb hole.

Here's a basic pic of a balls typical flare track. (with a typical balance hole)

http://s5.postimg.org/gn9mrm2rr/ball_flare.gif

For the "last flare ring" to be near the thumb hole (position 1) you would have to have a ton flare on the ball.
If this is the case, yes your hitting the balance hole.

or For the "last flare ring" to be near the thumb hole (position 1) if you are a full roller (where the track is in between the finger and thumb holes. Now you might roll over a balance hole.

For the "last flare ring" to be near the balance hole (position 2) you would have to also have a lot of flare on the ball. But it is possible.

Now if your talking about a Mo Pinel "MO" tion hole, that's something different. That has to be place just right so you don't hit it and if you had one of those Then changed your release. You could easily hit it.

Now a MO hole is basically on the other side of the ball.

bowl1820
09-17-2014, 11:06 AM
I actually forgot to mention where the motion hole was. The motion hole was drilled above the pin that is more close to my track flare than the actual thumb hole. It was a weird drilling that was suppose to copy a unique drill pattern.

In that case you more than likely need to plug and move.

Since your doing something different, I'd just plug it and not redrill (Unless there's a issue with static weights.)

Joker
09-17-2014, 12:17 PM
will do thanks for the help

Stormed1
09-18-2014, 01:20 AM
cover the hole with tape and roll the ball.If you see the oil lines hit the tape plug the ball and reposition the hole