PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a league.

bowl1820
01-21-2009, 11:42 PM
Just brainstorm some league ideas.

How about a league where you have teams competing as they normally do. But also have it include a P.O.A. singles competition. Where the scores you bowled in team are use for the singles competition.

Iceman
01-22-2009, 03:04 AM
Our executive league does this (Wednesday nights) they payout $250 for highest POA. It's sort of a league battle how they are not only bowling against the other team, but bowling against their current avg. Makes it fun. I'm in top 5, (-110) from top spot but only 1 spot pays out. It's the master champion, so everyone has a chance - it's all about who's consistent week after week basically.

Jord_84
01-22-2009, 10:49 AM
We give out awards for high average, high series, high game, scratch and handicap in addition to our team achievements.

Iceman
01-22-2009, 11:51 AM
I think he was looking for new ideas, the awards Jord listed are common across many leagues. Our executive league it team based only, so only the POA award is given out to a person, the rest of the money goes to team postiion. It's something like $5000 first place each half - then breaks down to 18'th place at $250 a person.

There's a drastic drop off in prize money after 3rd place. That's the target.

JAnderson
01-23-2009, 01:11 PM
I've heard a number of different ideas that sounded fun. Some of them worked, some didn't.

One was a singles league run on 2 different sport conditions (though the same league could be run on any conditions). Six bowlers to a pair. Bowlers were assigned to pairs according to the weekly standings. In other words, the top 6 bowlers bowled on one pair, positions 7-12 on the next, and so on. Points were earned as follows:

1 pt. per game for each bowler you beat on your pair
2 pt. for series for each bowler you beat on your pair
1/2 pt. for each game over 200
1/2 pt. for each game over 235

The last pair might have less than 6 bowlers, in which case you bowled against a blind score.

This could be run handicapped with the score points adjusted accordingly. I would have liked to see a point awarded for each clean game.

JAnderson
01-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Random and blind doubles:

When bowlers arrive, names are drawn randomly out of a hat to determine random parters and lane assignments for the evening. I'll refer to this as your "random" partner. Your score plus your random parter's score are added together

When bowling is completed, bowlers names are drawn randomly again to determine blind partners. I'll refer to this as your blind partner. Your score plus your blind parter's score are added together.

Your "team" score is comprised of four scores:

Your score X 2
Your random partner's score
Your blind partner's score

You compete against all of the other teams and earn 1 pt per game for each team you beat that week. Bowlers who do not show up do not earn any points. If an odd number of bowlers are present, the last bowler is randomly paired as if starting a new draw for everyone. (1 or 2 bowlers will be paired twice).

This is a brain child of mine - I've never heard of it being done, but it sounds like fun. This would be great for a "singles" (versus married) league.

The KingPin
01-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Our executive league does this (Wednesday nights) they payout $250 for highest POA. It's sort of a league battle how they are not only bowling against the other team, but bowling against their current avg. Makes it fun. I'm in top 5, (-110) from top spot but only 1 spot pays out. It's the master champion, so everyone has a chance - it's all about who's consistent week after week basically.

Wow that is a great idea. I have not seen any leagues here in Colorado doing this.