PDA

View Full Version : Roto Grip Sinister Ball Review by PJ Haggerty

PJ Haggerty
09-19-2014, 02:48 PM
After throwing the Hyper Cell, our wonderful team and Roto Grip created a motion that is a perfect complement, while keeping a similar motion. If you loved the Hyper Cell, you will love the Sinster as well. I can honestly say, the motions are very similar between the Hyper Cell and Sinister are the same. They are both forward, heavy rolling motions that are very versatile on many types of conditions. I’d say the real difference with the Sinister is the down lane motion. It provides more pop while still reading the body of the lane.

I’ve drilled two of them so far. The first one is a high pin above my ring finger with the mass bias just above my thumb. For me, this comes out to 5.5 x 5 x 95. I polished this one and am able to use it when some oil gets down lane and some of the symmetrical balls don’t go through the pins the right way. Also, when some symmetrical balls are too quick off the spot, the Sinister keeps a slower response time with still a clean and angular motion. The 2nd one I drilled is a lower pin under my middle finger with a bigger shift. This maps out to be 6 x 4 x 25 and it’s a much stronger and forward motion. This slows the response time down a lot and still provides a great motion.

The Sinister takes surface well too. Even though it is in the HP-4 line, the cover is still clean enough to scuff up and dig into without using too much energy. I can see the high rev guys using this to cover a lot of boards and the straighter guys using it as their new piece for the league season. Go drill one and #OwnIt!!