PDA

View Full Version : Our bowling league hooked up with a new House..........

Hammer
09-21-2014, 10:06 PM
The AMF we bowled at closed right before our fall league was to start. A Brunswick house not far from us let us join there for our fall league. I hope they don't close down while we are there. So for now it looks like I wll be bowling for my 28th year after all.

Amyers
09-21-2014, 10:27 PM
Good news hope the new house is good to you

got_a_300
09-21-2014, 10:52 PM
Good news indeed maybe those Brunswick lanes
will be kinder to you and your league than those
AMF lanes were and they'll stick around for a while.

foreverincamo
09-22-2014, 07:36 AM
That's good to hear. Unreal how your other place just closed shop without a warning. That's what happens when it's all about money and nothing else. I'd bet if these big corporations would take the time to try and make under-performing houses profitable instead of just closing them, they would see a ton more money.

vdubtx
09-22-2014, 10:28 AM
AMF center in Dallas also decided to close up shop for a remodel to start the Fall season vs. closing over the summer and keeping their Fall league business going. They were a strong house with a loyal following that basically told their league bowlers to shove it and go to other centers if they want to bowl leagues.

dnhoffman
09-22-2014, 07:31 PM
I heard AMF is revamping their business plan and may reopen to a different market.

Jaescrub
09-22-2014, 11:20 PM
Very happy you found a new house! With that said our AMF always has lots of bowlers they cut hrs and have changed some things but all I all it's been great other then the fact they need to fix the AC on the End if the long side ha ha ha. I was reading a interview from the CEO of bowlmor and in it he was talking about why they paid for all the Brunswick And AMF lanes and what the over all plan was. It was a good read. If I can find it I will post a link. But all in all I'm happy your back to bowling and just in time for the fall season ;)