PDA

View Full Version : Pitch Black Review by Storm Staffer Tony Reynaud

Tony Reynaud
09-25-2014, 01:29 AM
The Pitch Black is a solid urethane ball from Storm. This is definitely not a ball for everyone in my opinion. The fact that I throw the ball fairly straight makes any urethane ball almost useless for me. There honestly aren't very many conditions, which I run into in the course of the year where I say to myself I wish I had urethane. I bowl a lot more than the average person does also. I would say there would be a high probability if I actually ran into a condition where I needed urethane, the ball probably wouldn't be in my car anyway. In short I believe bowlers that throw it straight should spend their money on a good resin ball instead. I just couldn't hook the ball enough to put this ball in my tournament bag.

Keep in mind that I am just one guy who doesn’t really have a big need for urethane. The ball has created a lot of buzz since it first came out. The touring pro guys actually did pretty well with the ball on shorter patterns. Another bowler even bowled a 900 series with the ball. If you search the storm website there is even a video of his last few shots. High rev rate guys that still use urethane once in a while would probably really like this ball. The Pitch Black might even work well for bowlers who still bowl on wood.

In conclusion I didn't like the Pitch Black because I couldn't hook it enough. Please keep in mind that doesn't mean the Pitch Black is bad, it just means this ball isn't for everyone. If you thinking about buying a Pitch Black, do some research, and I am sure you will someone that liked the ball a lot more than me.