Bowler Stats:
Rev Rate – 425
Ball Speed – 17 mph (downlane)
PAP – 3 ½ over, ¾ up
Right-handed

Test Enviroment:
42’ THS (fresh)

Review:
The New Motiv Tribal Fire is a great choice for league play and lighter-medium conditions. The layout and shape is unlike anything I have ever thrown. I tested mine against the Octane and original Tribal, both layed out 50 x 4 ½ x 40 (pin up). I generally use pin up layouts on house conditions due to the heavier concentrations of oil in the middle and dry outsides. Pin down layouts for me on house conditions doesn’t quite make the turn at the breakpoint and tends to hit flatter. This combination on my Tribal Fire makes me forget what the layout is. The ball is very clean through the heads, and is slightly angular, but continuous on the backends. I do find this ball great to be used when the Octane is too much and when the original Tribal is not enough on the backends.

Clean through front part of lane, hard hitting at the pins
Versatile coverstock and drill layouts
Retains lot of energy

Dislikes:
None

Summary:
This ball is worth every penny. Granted the combination of drilling layout is stronger than usual compared to my other layouts, the hybrid cover is versatile enough to compensate for that. For league play, there is no difficulty getting through three games. For some, an extra coat of polish would not hurt. This will be one of the bowling balls you will want another and another of.

Darryl Carreon
MOTIV Staff