The SuperHitMan
10-13-2014, 09:31 PM
Rev Rate:420
Axis Tilt:20
Axis Rotation: 45
Ball Speed:17
PAP Measurements: 4 1/8

Layout: http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj344/TheSuperHitMan/jackal.jpg

Description: The Jackal is a strong mid lane reaction power pearl that aggressively cuts through the oil and retains energy to continue through the pins with deadly force. The fur of this deadly animal is the Turmoil HFP Reactive coverstock and the beating heart is the Predator core, the very same used in the Talon.

Out of box surface: 3000 Grit LSS

Ball Reaction: The Jackal has a lot of hook and roll to match it; its not so early that you don't see enough ball motion down lane. The roll and continuation of the jackal on house patterns is frightening and although it did push me further left than where I would normally stand, there was no loss of carry or recovery. I will say this about the Jackal though, I did take the cover down to 2000 and it became juggernaut strong and was ideal for when I used it on the U.S. open pattern. I was really able to open up the lanes with it.

Conditions

THS (40 feet): Using the Jackal on THS I could play as far left as I wanted too keeping it in the oil and there was no quit in this ball, throughout the entire night I had the entire lane. No matter how deep I played the Jackal was still smooth and continuous with showed no signs of over reacting. Zero issues with pin carry.

U.S. Open Pattern (42 feet): I stood 15 from the left targeting 10 to the right and was not disappointed in the results; the Jackal dug into the pattern and made its move to the pocket without hesitation. I also got a chance to throw this ball on different longer/heavier patterns and I’ll tell you now that you will be able to create better entry angles on those patterns.

Summary: Currently nothing in my bag providers me with more hook in oil than the Jackal, to paint a reaction picture of its shape down lane it has a quicker response than that of the Talon despite the fact that they both possess the same heart. The roll of the Jackal reminds me of the TR2 as it rolls so heavy but with a faster response, this ball will give you more hook than your Revolt and Rage.

In closing the Jackal is a ball that will complete your lineup,if you’re looking for a power pearl look no further than the Jackal. The Jackal is a ball that keeps on giving, it's just that good of a ball. There is no domesticating this wild animal.

K.C.White II
MOTIV Staff
www.motivbowling.com