PDA

View Full Version : Over 8 weeks and I finally got my free Storm Optimus!! (I blame UPS)

Bradski9
10-22-2014, 05:52 PM
So it all started August 25th, I won the Storm optimus that was being given away as the ball of the week on bowlingboards.com Facebook page. Fast forward 8 weeks and I find out that it actually had been delivered to a home 3 blocks away on 9/12. (5 weeks ago) Apparently somewhere along the process of shipping this ball, my shipping address was changed from street to avenue (there are 3 streets with my street name in my town alone! west st, south st, and west ave.) I figured out where it was delivered exactly after going to the UPS center 10 minutes away, they said to drive around the address they delivered it to and see if it was still sitting on the porch. (Apparently some people don't ever look at their porch and just go straight into their garage) We went to this home (UPS said it was the same address as ours but avenue instead of street, the last two digits were actually 90 instead of 75) knocked on the door and they had the ball sitting in the living room for over a month. They didn't call UPS or storm or even bothered to look up my last name.

TL;DR The ball was shipped to the wrong home and the homeowner had it sitting in his living room for a month without contacting anybody.

http://i.imgur.com/kNzKkJyl.jpg

bowl1820
10-22-2014, 09:18 PM
Well it's great you finally got your ball!

I think UPS telling you to drive around the address they delivered it to and see if it was still sitting on the porch was crock they should have done the leg work to get your stuff back.

Jaescrub
10-22-2014, 09:19 PM
Wow that's crazy great times you got your ball. What did they say about you showing up?

YODA
10-22-2014, 10:34 PM
Not me..... I would have had UPS go get my ball back, or refund me the price of the ball...

Bradski9
10-22-2014, 11:14 PM
Ha, I showed up at their doorstep and the husband answers, after I mentioned that my ball was mistakenly delivered to his home he walked away and grabbed it from his living room. I heard his wife yell "is that about the bowling ball??"

Blomer
10-22-2014, 11:42 PM
What a mess. Glad you got your ball. I love my optimus!

manke
10-23-2014, 11:23 AM
I agree UPS should of sent somebody to retrieve the ball.

MICHAEL
10-23-2014, 11:30 AM
I've had my eye on that ball! After you get it drilled, let me know your thoughts! I can't believe the people that mistakenly got the ball didn't notify UPS. hummmmm...

Jaescrub
10-23-2014, 12:38 PM
Ha, I showed up at their doorstep and the husband answers, after I mentioned that my ball was mistakenly delivered to his home he walked away and grabbed it from his living room. I heard his wife yell "is that about the bowling ball??"
Ha ha ha nice they probably had it sitting out trying to figure out why it smelled so good and thought hey we can just use this as an air freshener ha ha ha

bubba809
10-23-2014, 01:02 PM
Best of luck with your Optimus!

Bradski9
10-24-2014, 10:46 AM
UPS thought they delivered it to the right house up until I went in there. They didn't open the bowling ball either it was still taped and everything.

mike_thomas93
11-02-2014, 12:22 PM
wow that's crazy. Not very efficient on that round of service. Glad you got your ball finally. Bowl well