PDA

View Full Version : It was a hot time in the Brunswick house tonight...........

Hammer
11-02-2014, 12:14 AM
I bowled games of 203, 214 and 213. Tonight the Raw Hammer Anger ball was the hot ticket. The time before it was the Blue Hammer. I had it easy tonight. I had my slide foot arch on board 25 and was throwing it over board 12 with the breakpoint over boards 6 to 8. Both alleys seem to work with the same track for my Anger ball. I started leaving two 7 pins in a row in the beginning of the third game. I kept the same target and moved the arch of my slide foot to board 23 and started striking again. I guessed right I guess. I was the only lefty so that is why I didn't have to make too many changes on my targeting. Getting this 630 scratch series has been a long time coming. There was a time when getting a 600 series or higher for me was common. So this wasn't a bad night for a guy that doesn't practice. I do have 28 years of experience though.

dnhoffman
11-02-2014, 07:21 AM
Congrats on the series, it's always nice to have those good nights that leave you feeling so bowling satisfied!

RobLV1
11-02-2014, 07:48 AM
I think the fact that both lanes played exactly the same probably had a lot to do with your success. With modern oil and modern balls, having two lanes that both play the same is a rarity, and they usually yield some pretty high scores. The situation is so rare that it makes me wonder why bowlers still assume that the two lanes on the "pair" will be the same rather than different when they start the set.

Hammer
11-02-2014, 09:04 AM
I think the fact that both lanes played exactly the same probably had a lot to do with your success. With modern oil and modern balls, having two lanes that both play the same is a rarity, and they usually yield some pretty high scores. The situation is so rare that it makes me wonder why bowlers still assume that the two lanes on the "pair" will be the same rather than different when they start the set.

I couldn't believe the lanes were playing the same either. Usually I have to keep track on how each lane is playing and where I have to stand to get the strikes I want. I guess that is why I bowled so good because I knew that I didn't have to change my shot. The only move I was making on each alley was where I stood on the approach using boards 23 to 26. I did luck out on a couple strikes that were in different games that turned out to be Brooklyns thanks to a pulled shot. One shot I got a strike on went out to a breakpoint at the 3 board and came roaring back for a strike hitting the pocket on the correct side. It was one of those nights that I liked quite a bit. You have to enjoy them when you get them.

foreverincamo
11-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Sounds like a good night to me. Keep it up!

Jaescrub
11-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Looks like you are having success at the new house? How is it compared to the AMF you used to bowl at? Anything that really just stands out?

mike_thomas93
11-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Raw hammer's the green-looking ball, right? Or am I speaking a different one? good series, by the way

Hammer
11-02-2014, 02:39 PM
Raw hammer's the green-looking ball, right? Or am I speaking a different one? good series, by the way

It is a blue and silver metallic swirl. Out of box surface was 2000 Abralon dull finish. It was made for medium to heavy oil. I use it on THS
pattern so I changed it to 4000 Abralon with a polished surface. The hook is more controllable for that pattern.

Hammer
11-03-2014, 08:20 PM
Looks like you are having success at the new house? How is it compared to the AMF you used to bowl at? Anything that really just stands out?

Both balls in my arsenal seem to work better in the Brunswick house. Sometimes in the AMF house it was hard to bowl good scores. The pair of alleys we would get on league night were oiled right before we bowled. The pair you got could be quite a bit different from each other and you had to be aware on where you had to set up to get strikes. You could get mixed up easily if you weren't paying attention. At the Brunswick house I don't know if the alleys are oiled right before we bowl. All I know is that I seem to be able to get better scores easier here. Maybe I started have a better technique on the approach and the release. I got some ideas on those two items watching a Kegel bowling instruction video on YOUTUBE and a video posted by bowl1820. Maybe that accounts for the better scores so far at the Brunswick house.

Jaescrub
11-03-2014, 10:26 PM
Ha ha ha nice I wanted to check up on that. I was sad to see your amf house go but was happy to hear you had found a new place to bowl.