PDA

View Full Version : Foreverincamo's practice scores, New ball

foreverincamo
11-02-2014, 10:50 PM
I recently acquired a Brunswick Ringer Platinum Pearl and had it drilled with the pin above the ring finger and the CG centered in my grip. It's for very dry conditions or very short oil. Where I practiced tonight there was bowling all day and the lanes were fried, and this ball was awesome. I had to keep my speed around 15 mph, but I was throwing in between 1st and 2nd arrow and crushing the pocket. I shot 678 with one open in game 1 and 2, and clean on game 3.

Hammer
11-03-2014, 08:52 PM
That 678 series is great. If you were throwing between the 1st and 2nd arrow what board did you have your slide foot on before making your approach? That 15mph speed was that at the pins or at your release? That speed seems kind of slow for throwing between the 1st and 2nd arrows. I guess it depends how how many revs you are able to put on the ball. Good scores however you did it.

foreverincamo
11-03-2014, 10:26 PM
I don't remember where my slide foot was-- sorry. I was square to the lane and the 15 mph is at the pins. It's a straight down-and-in shot. Not revving it up at all. Just staying behind the ball and letting the weight block do its job.
I used that ball tonite on a fresh oil pattern. I really had to get my hand in it and slow it down to keep it from going too long. I left two pocket 7-10's and hung several weak tens. My DV8 Marauder Mutiny was much better on the fresh 40' THS.