PDA

View Full Version : Fun week in the pro shop

foreverincamo
11-06-2014, 04:37 PM
Just had one of " those " weeks. All I wanted was a new thumb slug in my Mutiny Marauder. Pro shop tech yanked the old one out, pounded a new one in, and drilled it to match my new Brunswick Ringer Platinum Pearl. He gave it to me and I was sanding the slug smooth when I noticed the slug had cracked apart near the middle. The Tech said he would fix it the next day.
So day two rolls around and long story short, new slug, new hole drilled, same result. He was as confused as I was. He thought perhaps it was a bad batch of slugs . No matter what, I can't use my favorite ball in my league.
He did call me that night and said he thinks the hole in my old ball is drilled at a slightly different angle than my new ball, and when trying to duplicate the new ball's layout, the drill is too close to one side of the new slug and causing the slug to crack. Oh well, I'll try the Ringer on a fresh oil pattern and see what happens. Not what I want but who knows? Maybe I'll do ok

foreverincamo
11-06-2014, 10:57 PM
Well, I sorely missed my Marauder Mutiny tonight. I couldn't get my Brunswick Ringer Platinum Pearl to do much. Too much oil for that ball. Pro shop tech ended up plugging the thumb hole and redrilling it for a new slug, then drilled it to match my Ringer. It's still in need of being sanded a bit smoother but I'm happy to have it back. I only missed one spare tonite but had 6 splits that killed me, two every game.