PDA

View Full Version : I could have probably done better, but...

Monte
11-26-2014, 04:41 PM
Went bowling recreationally on Tuesday, and shot 181, 225, 188.

If I can get the problems with my thumb hole figured out, I'm hoping to do even better.

foreverincamo
11-30-2014, 05:35 PM
Get that thumb fixed! A clean thumb release will easily add pins to your total.

Aslan
11-30-2014, 06:08 PM
I can't wait for the day I finally get my thumb issues fixed. But it's a difficult process. You gotta have a smooth release and a good fit. If your fit is good, but you change your release…the thumb can be a problem again. If you fix your release, then you may need to adjust the fit again.

Monte
12-01-2014, 08:29 AM
Honestly, if I didn't have that thumb blister, I probably could have gone 200+ that third game. It's almost healed now, and I bought some equipment that I hope will remedy the problem. I bought a thumb protector and some of those cushion things you put in the thumb hole. I'm hoping that at 1/8", along with the thumb protector, that will be just enough.

I'll figure it out eventually. I'm also hoping this can help me get more revs. I bought a glove that can hopefully help me keep my wrist straight. I think my "rev" problem is possibly me not keeping my wrist straight or slightly cupped.

Amyers
12-01-2014, 08:55 AM
Monte,

Invest in some Robby's Skin protector and apply it before you start bowling I had serious issues and used this for a long time before finally figuring my grip out. The trick to it is applying it to the problem area before there is a problem. Helped me tremendously and its cheap.

Monte
12-01-2014, 11:13 AM
Monte,

Invest in some Robby's Skin protector and apply it before you start bowling I had serious issues and used this for a long time before finally figuring my grip out. The trick to it is applying it to the problem area before there is a problem. Helped me tremendously and its cheap.

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely look into picking some up! Maybe I'll simply apply it to the trouble area before I start my first game.

Amyers
12-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely look into picking some up! Maybe I'll simply apply it to the trouble area before I start my first game.

That's what I did. Eventually I figured out some pitch changes that helped and realized part of the problem was me gripping the ball even though I didn't think I was.