PDA

View Full Version : Do not open unless you want to know who #1 & #2 for the top 50 of all time will be

onefrombills
01-24-2009, 12:44 AM
DO NOT OPEN UNLESS YOU WANT TO KNOW WHO #1 & #2 FOR THE PBA TOP 50 OF ALL TIME WILL BE BEFORE SUNDAYS TV SHOW

#2 wALTER rAY wILLIAMS

#1 Earl Anthony

I feel the PBA got this right

jaws1945
01-24-2009, 11:18 AM
I think it will be reversed #1 Williams #2 Anthony

kakcpa
01-24-2009, 03:26 PM
It should be Anthony #1 and WRW #2, but unfortunately, WRW is more marketable, so they will vote him #1, so that they can sell more advertising, etc.

onefrombills
01-24-2009, 10:19 PM
I think it will be reversed #1 Williams #2 Anthony

Theres nothing to think ....I had posted that from the red rock. This is the final 2 in that order and everyone LOOK for me on the show Ill be in the media section

The KingPin
01-25-2009, 10:24 PM
I think for the time, Earl Anthony was great. He was the first to make a million and if he would have had more competition maybe he would have stayed longer.

Now for the next 50, WRW might be there. Can you imagine anyone now doing what these great bowlers have done?

Iceman
01-26-2009, 12:24 AM
I totally agree - Williams is great now, but it's hard to match up greatest of all times from now and then in any sport. I would have voted for Anthony too.

It's hard to compare then (equipment, lanes, oil, etc) to what we have now. We know the enhancements make us all a little better, some of us it makes us a lot better. Accuracy is ou the window in my opinion in today's game, except for sport conditions and Flat patterns. The THS has just attracted the people today for money.

It's what we have, we have to deal with it and skim through the game to get what we want out of it. No matter how much hdcp, lane conditions, or equipment changes is present.

jaws1945
01-26-2009, 10:23 AM
You were right Earl the Pearl was ranked #1
I had the pleasure of meeting him at a Senior event in which he was +450 in qualifying. He was a very cordial and friendly guy, and from what i heard was quite a baseball player in his younger days.

The KingPin
01-26-2009, 10:56 AM
You were right Earl the Pearl was ranked #1
I had the pleasure of meeting him at a Senior event in which he was +450 in qualifying. He was a very cordial and friendly guy, and from what i heard was quite a baseball player in his younger days.

Wow I never knew he played baseball.

JerseyJim
01-26-2009, 11:52 AM
He was a minor league pitcher with some promise before he hurt his elbow. That's why you never saw his left arm completely straight. He learned his craft as an "action" bowler. He would gamble his weekly paycheck on games at the local alley.