PDA

View Full Version : 2014 ed markwardt senior & adult tournament

bowl1820
11-30-2014, 09:03 PM
Bowled a small ($20) annual tournament here for the first time today. It was originally a 55 and over tournament , but they opened it up to other age bowlers and split it into two divisions Adults & Seniors.

You bowled 4 games and moved lanes after each game, 90% of 220 Handicap. They had 45 bowlers, 5 to a pair of lanes.

The conditions were a little tighter than the typical house shot, a bit flatter you had to make better shots.

Equipment brought with me:
Dude 500/2000/royal comp.
Meanstreak Beatdown 500/2000/royal comp.
Bad *** 500/2000/Soft Scrub
White Dot

I knew I wouldn't place in this tournament, so mainly looked at this as a way to test the Bad A$$ out on something other than a THS, So I used it all 4 games.

The main thing I saw was it needs to be used inside, trying to play the track and outside just didn't work well. Also it could have used a little more surface (on this particular shot). It would have worked better with a more defined breakpoint. I think the Beatdown would have been a better choice for this shot.

I think it also would have worked better if there had been more people playing a similar line/area as me. So it would have brokedown the line better.

The people I was with and that we followed, were playing many different lines and since we were moving lanes I couldn't really breakdown my line much by myself.

http://s5.postimg.org/bhg2vel53/edtournament.jpg

Don't know the standing yet for the tournment.

Stat's for the day:
Strikes 33%
Spares 62%
single Pin 80%
Multiple Pins 52%
Splits 0%
Opens 24%

Simplified Bowling Rating (SBR)= 95