Bowler Stats:
Rev Rate – 425
Ball Speed – 17 mph (down-lane)
PAP – 3 ½ over, ¾ up
Right-handed

Test Environment:
PBA Chameleon Pattern – 43’

Review:
I initially threw the ball on a fresh THS a few times to ensure grip/tape was comfortable, and immediate reaction was THIS BALL HOOKS. Lining up off the left gutter on fresh was insane but have to admit it rolled great. Once on the longer and tougher, Chameleon pattern, the Jackal made the pattern look a little too easy, almost made it look like a THS. The Jackal reads really well through the oil and is controllable on the backend. After blending out the pattern some, I was able to play from a few different angles and did not sacrifice carry. I compared it to the Revolt and Primal Rage. I was able to play an average 4-6 more boards left (with my feet) using the Jackal.

Great Ball for Long Pattern (42+’)
Versatile Cover

Dislikes:
None

Summary:
This ball hooks. Just because the Jackal hooks a lot doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be in any everyone’s arsenal. The Jackal will easily the strong suit in every bowler’s arsenal. A variety of bowlers would enjoy this piece on plenty of occasions, i.e. on long patterns, when backends get tighter, and when the fronts and middle are flooded. The continuous down-lane motion makes the Jackal that much easier to control. Adding a coat or two of polish, without sacrificing carry, would not hurt if the initial reaction is too much.

Darryl Carreon
MOTIV Staff / PBA Member