PDA

View Full Version : What physical trait determines rev potential?

Hendu71
12-11-2014, 05:17 PM
Now, I know that there are people that proudly pronounce that they are strokers, tweeners, and crankers. I know they are not necessarily better than the other. However, obviously not everyone can crank those super high revs.

Why, specifically?

Because they don't know the proper technique? If it is not only that, then what physical characteristics determine rev rate? Is there something about it you just can't train in some people?

ALazySavage
12-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Mainly it is a product of technique, the better you are at the leverage point will determine your potential for producing revolutions. This doesn't mean a lower rev shot has a poor leverage point because a bowler may not want more revs, but without the proper form creating revs is much more difficult.

Amyers
12-12-2014, 09:20 AM
The super high end rev rates are dependent on the speed the hand come up through the ball it really can't be taught its something you have the ability to do or you don't. Not saying you can improve but I've never seen a low rev bowler become a high rev bowler. When I'm saying this I am speaking about experienced players if you just haven't learned proper form yet its wide open

dnhoffman
12-13-2014, 10:13 AM
Amyers is right! it's the speed of the wrist motion on the release. If I try to increase that I usually end up screwing up other parts of my mechanics.