PDA

View Full Version : newbie practice questions

britjeff
12-15-2014, 02:12 AM
besides bowling itself, are there anythings i can do to practice, ie at home. would love to be able to bowl a couple of times a week but its a 50 mile round trip to my local lanes. any tips would be great
jeff

djp1080
12-15-2014, 12:10 PM
One thing you can do at home is to swing your ball. Start with a normal set up with the majority of the ball weight in your non-bowling hand. Push it out and let it fall using gravity. You'll note that your back swing isn't all that high with no muscling. Pay attention to your hand position. If you're right handed, see if you tend to turn your hand counter-clockwise. Practice keeping your hand behind the ball and your thumb pointing to the right. When you get back to the lanes, hopefully you'll keep your hand behind the ball there, too.
Good luck...

fortheloveofbowling
12-15-2014, 09:21 PM
besides bowling itself, are there anythings i can do to practice, ie at home. would love to be able to bowl a couple of times a week but its a 50 mile round trip to my local lanes. any tips would be great
jeff

Look on you tube for bowling related exercises and the release drills using a softball or nerf football. I've always thought it would be cool to build a stub lane of 15-20 feet plus approach to work on timing and release.