PDA

View Full Version : 200 League Average vs 220 League Average

Cdolcejr
12-15-2014, 01:28 PM
Hi,

The last few seasons I've been 205+ in different leagues, different houses. For example, last year in one house I shot 210 in a 2nd shift league, and in another house I shot 217 in a first shift league. This year I'm back at 210 in the early league and 205 in the 2nd shift league. My question is to those who are currently averaging north of 220. What are some of the differences between a 200-210 bowler and a 220+ bowler? I've been practicing a lot as of late (a lot as in shooting over 6-9 games in league a week and 13-18 games of practice per week). What are the keys to reaching this level?

Thanks

vdubtx
12-15-2014, 02:21 PM
How are you at spare shooting? That is one thing that can bring your average up quite a bit if you are missing some easy ones, or are missing 10 pins for instance.

Aside from spares, do you track strike percentage? The last 2 years I have been over 220, my strike percentage is north of 60%.

Targeting/hitting your mark, reading the lanes and your ball reaction down lane are key to keeping your strike percentage up and in turn upping your average.

Mudpuppy
12-15-2014, 02:29 PM
I reached the 209 level and then I quit for 4 years. So I am just trying to get back to the 209 range. Then I will try and figure out how to better that. From what I see this separates the averages:

200-210: Strong first ball and fairly consistent but missing some spares or failing to adjust at the right times (adjusting too slow)
220+: Strong first ball. Smooth. Super consistent. Rarely missing spares. Always adjusting at key times

So I have been working A LOT lately on adjust early and adjust often. Learning to adjust quickly has really amped my game up.

Cdolcejr
12-15-2014, 02:56 PM
I actually did do some tracking for a large portion of the season. My 10 pin % isn't great, but it isn't horrible...about 71% over 120 games or so. It has been something I have focused on improving in practice sessions. I also suspect that I make my adjustments too late, and sometimes it takes a while for me to read a lane (especially because in warm-ups we practice without pins in one of my leagues). At the beginning of the summer, I got a ball spinner and I have been experimenting with different surfaces on my bowling balls and I feel like I have learned a lot and found the right surfaces to match my arsenal to the lane conditions that I face on a weekly basis. It did take a while to find the right combination and this could have contributed to some of my inconsistency.

Here's some stats from this season (only league play, no open bowling included). For what it's worth, I feel that I have struggled for most of this season.

Strikes 51% (436 of 841)
First Ball Average- 9.17
Spares overall- 72%
Single Pin spares- 82%
Multiple Pins- 58%
10 Pins- 71%
Splits- 5% (3 of 52)
Game 1 Average- 202
Game 2 Average- 222
Game 3 Average- 207

Current Arsenal:

Heavy
Mutant Cell Solid 500 Grit

Medium Heavy
Track 400a 1000 Grit w/ Polish

Medium Dry
Freeze Hybrid 2000 Grit w/ Polish

Dry/Spare
Hammer Taboo Spare 1000 Grit w/ Polish

vdubtx
12-15-2014, 03:06 PM
Bring your Single Pin spare shooting up into the 90% range and you will be on your way to the 220's.

Last season my 10 pins were in the 85-86% range with other single pins in the 90%+ range, overall 91%. This season I have improved my 10 pins to converting 90% and my single pins are up to 94%.

As the saying goes: "Strikes win games, spares win championships."

Cdolcejr
12-15-2014, 03:09 PM
I reached the 209 level and then I quit for 4 years. So I am just trying to get back to the 209 range. Then I will try and figure out how to better that. From what I see this separates the averages:

200-210: Strong first ball and fairly consistent but missing some spares or failing to adjust at the right times (adjusting too slow)
220+: Strong first ball. Smooth. Super consistent. Rarely missing spares. Always adjusting at key times

So I have been working A LOT lately on adjust early and adjust often. Learning to adjust quickly has really amped my game up.

You hit the nail on the head- this sounds like me, I adjust too slow sometimes and what could have been a strike if I moved a few boards to the left turns out to be a 4-9 or a big four. I find that when I am really on and my head is in the game, I am able to stay on top of these adjustments. Then other times I don't pay attention or just don't move (because I didn't recognize the changes) and the next thing I know I have a big split and then a missed 10 pin...

Cdolcejr
12-15-2014, 03:17 PM
Bring your Single Pin spare shooting up into the 90% range and you will be on your way to the 220's.

Last season my 10 pins were in the 85-86% range with other single pins in the 90%+ range, overall 91%. This season I have improved my 10 pins to converting 90% and my single pins are up to 94%.

Thanks for the tip- I'm usually a decent spare shooter which is encouraging because I'm at 82% of single pin spares. It has been something I have incorporated into my practice regimen since I learned the 3-6-9 system, but it will be something I work harder at.

Aslan
12-15-2014, 03:37 PM

Thats what stood out to me in his numbers. I don't know many 220+ average bowlers that aren't north of 90% on single-pin spares.

And it becomes even MORE of an issue the better you get...because the majority of shots are gonna either strike or leave a single-pin. You're not gonna get left with the same kinda garbage that somebody like me leaves. You might get an occasional split...but 220+ bowlers leave primarily single-pin spares when they don't strike.

I mean, this season I'm 66% on single-pins and 59% on the single 10-pin...and my average is nowhere near what his is. (Thanks a LOT 27% strike rate!!) 51% strikes must make for a FUN night! In the sport shot league, my single 10-pin % is 65%...not much lower than his 71%. And like I said, I'm not in that same class of 200+ bowler...so single-pins and 10-pins need some work.

RobLV1
12-15-2014, 05:48 PM
I actually did do some tracking for a large portion of the season. My 10 pin % isn't great, but it isn't horrible...about 71% over 120 games or so. It has been something I have focused on improving in practice sessions. I also suspect that I make my adjustments too late, and sometimes it takes a while for me to read a lane (especially because in warm-ups we practice without pins in one of my leagues). At the beginning of the summer, I got a ball spinner and I have been experimenting with different surfaces on my bowling balls and I feel like I have learned a lot and found the right surfaces to match my arsenal to the lane conditions that I face on a weekly basis. It did take a while to find the right combination and this could have contributed to some of my inconsistency.

Here's some stats from this season (only league play, no open bowling included). For what it's worth, I feel that I have struggled for most of this season.

Strikes 51% (436 of 841)
First Ball Average- 9.17
Spares overall- 72%
Single Pin spares- 82%
Multiple Pins- 58%
10 Pins- 71%
Splits- 5% (3 of 52)
Game 1 Average- 202
Game 2 Average- 222
Game 3 Average- 207

Current Arsenal:

Heavy
Mutant Cell Solid 500 Grit

Medium Heavy
Track 400a 1000 Grit w/ Polish

Medium Dry
Freeze Hybrid 2000 Grit w/ Polish

Dry/Spare
Hammer Taboo Spare 1000 Grit w/ Polish

The first thing that pops out at me is the huge difference between your heavy oil ball and your medium heavy oil ball. My guess is that you are burning up your line a lot the first game, which lets you ball down and score very well the second game. By the third game, however, the line is totally gone and you start to lose your carry. What line do you typically play to start, and where do you usually end up?

fortheloveofbowling
12-15-2014, 06:04 PM
[QUOTE=Cdolcejr;121627]Hi,

The last few seasons I've been 205+ in different leagues, different houses. For example, last year in one house I shot 210 in a 2nd shift league, and in another house I shot 217 in a first shift league. This year I'm back at 210 in the early league and 205 in the 2nd shift league. My question is to those who are currently averaging north of 220. What are some of the differences between a 200-210 bowler and a 220+ bowler? I've been practicing a lot as of late (a lot as in shooting over 6-9 games in league a week and 13-18 games of practice per week). What are the keys to reaching this level?

First of all 220 is just a number. A lot of what someone averages depends on the house they bowl at. You might be less or more than your average at my house. I tend to judge myself not by my average but what i perceive the par to be in my house. Because of the bowlers that are at the top at my center and their level it is fairly easy to gauge what par is there. Regardless of that though there are several things that factor in when trying to get past a wall at a higher level.

1) Spares
You posted your stats so you know what your weakness is in regards to those leaves. Like my mom told me long ago, pick up those spares and the strikes will take care of themselves. That is easy to say but it is true. The confidence knowing your going to pick up spares definitely loosens you up on the first ball and enables you to make more confident shots. In practice take some games regardless if a pin is there or not and shoot at where the 10 or 4 or whatever would be. Find your placement with your foot positioning and target so that when you have a spare that requires you to focus on a certain pin single or otherwise you are confident of your adjustment. Spares are huge, people tend to forget 1 makeable spare missed over 3 games is 4 pins off your average.

2) Lane Management
This goes along with equipment but really it is about what the lane and pins are telling you. On a tougher shot the first thing i look to do is find the pocket and be able to flat 10. Now on a house shot that is a major red flag. In addition to that the other major indicator of increased focus is 2 shots when you get that over/under reaction where you get it to the friction and go high and move to break point in next and come up light. When we are talking about house shots those 2 times are when you really need to take a really close look and stop and think about your movements. Todays game and the equipment make it really hard to out bowl a bad ball reaction and you have to realize that when you think you have to make perfect shots on a house shot you are in bad shape. It is very important to not only watch your game but others as well. Practice during different times of the day depending on what is out there so you see different looks.

3) Equipment
You seem to have a variety of balls so i'm sure you know the transitions and what they can and can't do. Practice with all of them and play shots that you normally would not play with a certain ball. Sometimes you find that a ball works better in a certain situation than you thought. Maintain your equipment as well so you know what it is going to do. I'm not a big advocate of resurfacing more than really needs to be done just clean them after bowling and keep up with how they might change a they get games on them.

4) Practice
Some guys need no games a week and some need 50. You need to practice in a diverse way though. Don't just go out and get 2 lanes and line up and bowl 10 games. While you should try to get lined up and build confidence sometimes during your session that really isn't utilizing your practice time wisely. Get 1 lane and play some different lines so you can see some transitions not only from your normal starting spot but others as well. Take some games as i stated earlier and just shoot at the 2,3,4,6,7,10 spots regardless if they are there or not. Use all of your equipment and think about what they do on different lines. During competition you don't want to be guessing about what a ball is going to do when you make a move you want to know based on your practice.

5) Talk
Engage other bowlers in conversation and look at there lines and equipment. A lot of guys are more than willing to talk about what they are doing and thinking in order to make them successful. You would be amazed how simple ways of looking at the lane or thought processes can help your game. It is not just the higher average guys either that you can learn from. If a guy is having a good night look and see what he is doing or maybe look to see if he got a different ball. Talk to the head mechanic about the condition and what is going on with the lanes and machine. You can learn a lot by just observing and talking to the other bowlers around you.

6) Effort
This to me may be the most important thing. How many times have you just seen guys throw away pins on fill ball or miss the 10 on a 7-10 split? If you are truly grinding trying to get your scores up focus on EVERY SHOT. I don't care if it is the fill ball in your last game and you are having a off night and you think you have to move 2 left to strike, do it. Those pins add up up over the course of the season and if i don't care on my fill shots and get 2 pins less every other game that is 1 pin off my average. I see it all the time, guys throwing away tons of pins because they get pissed and don't take their time. From the first ball to the last give it your full attention no matter if it is a spare you never miss or the most difficult shot you have all night. That is one of the things that makes a good teammate as well.

That was a lot of rambling and there several other things that i could talk about in addition to expanding on what i have written. The thing about bowling and finding your ultimate level of success is you have to find what works for you and perfect it. Also, along the way try to correct the problems you have as well. I applaud the fact that you want to reach a higher level and hope you attain your goals. So many people don't really have that desire and that is fine as well. I don't care if a guy wants to go out and drink and have a good time or if they are completely focused on their game and trying to get better. I just want people to bowl and keep coming back. If you reaching your goal of 220 is what makes you keep coming back then more power to you and i hope you get there.

Cdolcejr
12-16-2014, 12:06 PM
The first thing that pops out at me is the huge difference between your heavy oil ball and your medium heavy oil ball. My guess is that you are burning up your line a lot the first game, which lets you ball down and score very well the second game. By the third game, however, the line is totally gone and you start to lose your carry. What line do you typically play to start, and where do you usually end up?

In my first shift league, the shot is a modified THS with the amount of oil being somewhere between medium and heavy. I usually play the 3/4 line starting with feet on 20 and rolling in between the second and third arrow playing somewhat straighter at first. The new house manager seems to have increased the oil at some point this season which is why I'm throwing my Mutant at 500 grit. Last night, in my 5 man league, I was able to throw the Mutant all the way into the third game whereas before they started flooding the lanes I could start the night off with my 400a. If I try to start off with 400a, it goes way too long and I can't really find the pocket until the second game or so. For instance, last week I bowled all night with 400a and shot 186, 248, 259. I usually end up playing about 5-10 boards left of where I started depending on who I'm bowling with and against.

Cdolcejr
12-16-2014, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE=Cdolcejr;121627]Hi,

First of all 220 is just a number. A lot of what someone averages depends on the house they bowl at. You might be less or more than your average at my house. I tend to judge myself not by my average but what i perceive the par to be in my house. Because of the bowlers that are at the top at my center and their level it is fairly easy to gauge what par is there. Regardless of that though there are several things that factor in when trying to get past a wall at a higher level.

1) Spares
You posted your stats so you know what your weakness is in regards to those leaves. Like my mom told me long ago, pick up those spares and the strikes will take care of themselves. That is easy to say but it is true. The confidence knowing your going to pick up spares definitely loosens you up on the first ball and enables you to make more confident shots. In practice take some games regardless if a pin is there or not and shoot at where the 10 or 4 or whatever would be. Find your placement with your foot positioning and target so that when you have a spare that requires you to focus on a certain pin single or otherwise you are confident of your adjustment. Spares are huge, people tend to forget 1 makeable spare missed over 3 games is 4 pins off your average.

2) Lane Management
This goes along with equipment but really it is about what the lane and pins are telling you. On a tougher shot the first thing i look to do is find the pocket and be able to flat 10. Now on a house shot that is a major red flag. In addition to that the other major indicator of increased focus is 2 shots when you get that over/under reaction where you get it to the friction and go high and move to break point in next and come up light. When we are talking about house shots those 2 times are when you really need to take a really close look and stop and think about your movements. Todays game and the equipment make it really hard to out bowl a bad ball reaction and you have to realize that when you think you have to make perfect shots on a house shot you are in bad shape. It is very important to not only watch your game but others as well. Practice during different times of the day depending on what is out there so you see different looks.

3) Equipment
You seem to have a variety of balls so i'm sure you know the transitions and what they can and can't do. Practice with all of them and play shots that you normally would not play with a certain ball. Sometimes you find that a ball works better in a certain situation than you thought. Maintain your equipment as well so you know what it is going to do. I'm not a big advocate of resurfacing more than really needs to be done just clean them after bowling and keep up with how they might change a they get games on them.

4) Practice
Some guys need no games a week and some need 50. You need to practice in a diverse way though. Don't just go out and get 2 lanes and line up and bowl 10 games. While you should try to get lined up and build confidence sometimes during your session that really isn't utilizing your practice time wisely. Get 1 lane and play some different lines so you can see some transitions not only from your normal starting spot but others as well. Take some games as i stated earlier and just shoot at the 2,3,4,6,7,10 spots regardless if they are there or not. Use all of your equipment and think about what they do on different lines. During competition you don't want to be guessing about what a ball is going to do when you make a move you want to know based on your practice.

5) Talk
Engage other bowlers in conversation and look at there lines and equipment. A lot of guys are more than willing to talk about what they are doing and thinking in order to make them successful. You would be amazed how simple ways of looking at the lane or thought processes can help your game. It is not just the higher average guys either that you can learn from. If a guy is having a good night look and see what he is doing or maybe look to see if he got a different ball. Talk to the head mechanic about the condition and what is going on with the lanes and machine. You can learn a lot by just observing and talking to the other bowlers around you.

6) Effort
This to me may be the most important thing. How many times have you just seen guys throw away pins on fill ball or miss the 10 on a 7-10 split? If you are truly grinding trying to get your scores up focus on EVERY SHOT. I don't care if it is the fill ball in your last game and you are having a off night and you think you have to move 2 left to strike, do it. Those pins add up up over the course of the season and if i don't care on my fill shots and get 2 pins less every other game that is 1 pin off my average. I see it all the time, guys throwing away tons of pins because they get pissed and don't take their time. From the first ball to the last give it your full attention no matter if it is a spare you never miss or the most difficult shot you have all night. That is one of the things that makes a good teammate as well.

That was a lot of rambling and there several other things that i could talk about in addition to expanding on what i have written. The thing about bowling and finding your ultimate level of success is you have to find what works for you and perfect it. Also, along the way try to correct the problems you have as well. I applaud the fact that you want to reach a higher level and hope you attain your goals. So many people don't really have that desire and that is fine as well. I don't care if a guy wants to go out and drink and have a good time or if they are completely focused on their game and trying to get better. I just want people to bowl and keep coming back. If you reaching your goal of 220 is what makes you keep coming back then more power to you and i hope you get there.

Thank you for this- I'm bookmarking this page as we speak. Very good stuff!

fortheloveofbowling
12-16-2014, 02:18 PM
In my first shift league, the shot is a modified THS with the amount of oil being somewhere between medium and heavy. I usually play the 3/4 line starting with feet on 20 and rolling in between the second and third arrow playing somewhat straighter at first. The new house manager seems to have increased the oil at some point this season which is why I'm throwing my Mutant at 500 grit. Last night, in my 5 man league, I was able to throw the Mutant all the way into the third game whereas before they started flooding the lanes I could start the night off with my 400a. If I try to start off with 400a, it goes way too long and I can't really find the pocket until the second game or so. For instance, last week I bowled all night with 400a and shot 186, 248, 259. I usually end up playing about 5-10 boards left of where I started depending on who I'm bowling with and against.

Doesn't look like you need much help! Good bowling!

Blacksox1
12-16-2014, 04:21 PM

1) Spares

2) Lane Management

3) Equipment

4) Practice

5) Talk

6) Effort

Fantastic post. You should win the prize soon with quality like this. I salute you.:)

fortheloveofbowling
12-16-2014, 04:28 PM
Fantastic post. You should win the prize soon with quality like this. I salute you.:)

:rolleyes::rolleyes:I don't think i would go that far. So much of bowling is finding a way to approach the game from a physical and mental standpoint that works for you. In my rambling i was basically describing some of how i approach the game. In no way am i trying to say this is a definitive way of thinking about the game. If there is something in my post that works for some individual then great but i'm sure a lot of those same things won't work for everyone. Thanks anyway.:)

vdubtx
12-16-2014, 05:00 PM
Whoa, I thought Aslan wrote that one since it was so long. HAHA!!

http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/sdcc-2014-triumph-to-take-over-your-tv.jpeg?width=400&height=400

fortheloveofbowling
12-16-2014, 05:04 PM

http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/sdcc-2014-triumph-to-take-over-your-tv.jpeg?width=400&height=400

Yeah, it took me WAY TO LONG to write that.:)

Mike White
12-16-2014, 07:11 PM

Aslan doesn't break his into coherent sections.

Hampe
12-17-2014, 09:51 AM
Aslan doesn't break his into coherent sections.
Also, the content isn't as useful :p

MICHAEL
12-17-2014, 11:29 AM
Also, the content isn't as useful :p

that's because Aslan is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKDVLSDgMM8

RobLV1
12-17-2014, 11:33 AM
Yet another interesting and informative thread hijacked!

vdubtx
12-17-2014, 11:43 AM

Loosen up and try to have some fun once in a while. :rolleyes:

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/62/6232849763bd163e81486ac2c47a07d3f852a5af91a230b9b4 acb3aed8ebd608.jpg

MICHAEL
12-17-2014, 12:07 PM

I use to like you Rob! Man that so graciously gave Iceman a Deadly-Aim! But,,, but it's that exclamation mark at the end of your sentence that really HURT! LOL......

just remember: A little humor helps the medicine go down!

LOL

knowledge is important, but not at the expense of FUN!! ;)

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/sideye_zpspwryxzml.gif (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/sideye_zpspwryxzml.gif.html)
caption: "Are you serious Rob The Great!" :rolleyes:

RobLV1
12-17-2014, 12:45 PM
I understand the need for humor in life, but try looking at this from the perspective of the rest of us. Bikers and surfers, really? Having met you Aslan, Mike White, and Mudpuppy, I can personally attest that none of you are still twelve years old.

vdubtx
12-17-2014, 01:09 PM
I understand the need for humor in life, but try looking at this from the perspective of the rest of us. Bikers and surfers, really? Having met you Aslan, Mike White, and Mudpuppy, I can personally attest that none of you are still twelve years old.

So you are talking for the rest of the entire forum? LOL.... OK, sure, got it.

http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/jennifer-lawrence-oh-yeah-thumbs-up.gif

RobLV1
12-17-2014, 06:00 PM
vdubtx: actually you are one of the ones that I was thinking of when I posted this. You often have good insights to add to many of the discussions here. I have no problem with playing around on here, just not on every thread. It's just sad that often the only bowlers who get to read the insights of the serious posters have to do it within the first 24 hours before it's turned into recess for the 7th graders.

circlecity
12-18-2014, 08:30 AM
vdubtx: actually you are one of the ones that I was thinking of when I posted this. You often have good insights to add to many of the discussions here. I have no problem with playing around on here, just not on every thread. It's just sad that often the only bowlers who get to read the insights of the serious posters have to do it within the first 24 hours before it's turned into recess for the 7th graders.

I actually agree with Rob on this one. It seems almost all interesting threads turn into this cartoon of nonsense.

mrbowling300
12-18-2014, 09:59 PM
For those looking to average 220+...compare your stats with mine:

In my two leagues this year, my stats from PinPal are as follows:

Average: 225.16 (75 games)
First Ball Avg: 9.33
Strikes: 522/848 61%
Spares: 251/309 81%
Single Pin: 180/188 95%
Multi Pin: 71/121 58%
Splits: 5/19 10%
Opens 6% (58)

I'm a lefty:
7 pin 83/88 94%
6 pin 36/36
10 pin 22/24 (got lazy on both) 91%
8 pin 14/14
3 pin 11/11
9 pin 6/6
2 pin 4/4
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 1/1 100%!

mrbowling300
12-18-2014, 10:02 PM
For those wanting to average 220+, you can compare your stats with mine, as measured by PinPal

Avg: 225.16 (75 games)
First Ball Avg: 9.33
Strikes: 522/848 61%
Spares: 251/309 81%
Single Pin: 180/188 95%
Multi Pin: 71/121 58%
Splits: 5/19 10%

Avg by game: 227.6 / 224.36 / 223.52

As a lefty, I'm 83/88 in 7 pins, 94%

MICHAEL
12-19-2014, 12:10 AM

OK,,,, I get it Rob! Goodbye,,,, bowlingboards.com... I don't like being called names,,, and I did go to college, and completed 3 years, far beyond the 7th grade.

You talk about my good Friend MIke White, in a negative way, for simply not agreeing with you.... Shame on you Rob! Now you call me, Icegod a person on a 7th grade level! SHAME ON YOU! You are destroying the fun, and knowledge most of us like combined.

Can't you just make your comments, and not read the funny little humorous things that some of us appreciate that have something called a SENSE OF humor!

I can very easily NOT read yours, and just skip over to Mike White's insights??? If you don't like humor in a thread, don't read it! Wow,,, you are way older in spirit then ICEGOD!!

It's probably time for me to move on,,,, its been fun, but it has now lost its luster, due in big part because of Rob-The-Serious! (his fitting new name).

GOOD BYE,,,, Thanks for the memories bowlingboard.com.

Good bye my many friends,,,, this will be Iceman's LAST POST!

Amyers
12-19-2014, 12:25 AM
OK,,,, I get it Rob! Goodbye,,,, bowlingboards.com... I don't like being called names,,, and I did go to college, and completed 3 years, far beyond the 7th grade.

You talk about my good Friend MIke White, in a negative way, for simply not agreeing with you.... Shame on you Rob! Now you call me, Icegod a person on a 7th grade level! SHAME ON YOU! You are destroying the fun, and knowledge most of us like combined.

Can't you just make your comments, and not read the funny little humorous things that some of us appreciate that have something called a SENSE OF humor!

I can very easily NOT read yours, and just skip over to Mike White's insights??? If you don't like humor in a thread, don't read it! Wow,,, you are way older in spirit then ICEGOD!!

It's probably time for me to move on,,,, its been fun, but it has now lost its luster, due in big part because of Rob-The-Serious! (his fitting new name).

I have to say I do come here for knowledge but I do enjoy most of iceman and aslan's nonsense. Sometimes it just picks my day up a little. It's not that hard to skip over if you want to avoid it. Loosen up as long as it's done in good humor I have no problems with it. I will say some of the recent back and forth between Rob and Mike White has neither been respectful, useful, or tasteful. Most of which has resulted in personal attacks mostly from Mike. If you want to remove something from the boards concentrate on that.

You don't always have to agree. You can argue your points forcefully and I have no problem with it but leave the name calling and treating others as if they are beneath you out of here.

fortheloveofbowling
12-19-2014, 01:40 AM

That is unfortunate you feel that way Michael. There is plenty of room for fun and serious comments as well. I and most everyone else enjoy the variety of discussion on this forum. The joking around is just as much fun as the bowling talk most of the time.

circlecity
12-19-2014, 09:12 AM
I have been bouncing around 218 and 220 for most of my wednesday league this year. To keep a 220 average it's pretty simple you have to throw a lot of strikes. This wednesday I could not carry the 10 pin and had clean 207 games so spares are important to keep the game going but yeah you really have to throw a lot of strikes.

bowl1820
12-19-2014, 10:24 AM
This thread is done.

http://s11.postimg.org/o3ah8fic3/76d31508_c851d40e_Derail_1.jpg