PDA

View Full Version : The Holiday break is killing me/almost over!

Aslan
01-04-2015, 03:49 PM
So, I'm in 2 leagues…Tuesday night and then a sport shot league on Sunday mornings…

In December…my Tuesday league bowled on the 2nd and 9th and then shut down for the holidays until this coming week.

In the sport shot league, I had to miss the 7th because of a tournament…no big deal…still got to bowl, had lots of fun. I then bowled the sport shot league on the 14th. I missed bowling on the 21st because I over-slept my wake-up alarm. Then that league went on break. I THOUGHT they were on break for two weeks (12/28 and 1/4)…I thought I heard the league secretary say something like, "we'll see you 2 weeks…". But I guess we were only off one week…so I missed it again!

I haven't bowled a semi-meaningful (league) game…since December 14th!

I've still gotten some bowling in:
- bowled during my lunch hour once
- I got one Monday standard practice in
- I got a team practice in
- got a couple holiday practices in
- and got a lesson

…which sort of alleviates the missing bowling thing…but I miss bowling that COUNTS for something. Ughhh! It's messing with my "two league games and 1 practice" schedule.

foreverincamo
01-04-2015, 04:07 PM
Hang in there! My league has been off two weeks for Christmas/New Year's. Got my new ball for Christmas and it's getting dusty waiting for my league to come back this Thursday.

epiepenburg
01-04-2015, 05:49 PM
Same boat here, haven't bowled a league night since the week before Christmas.

Just returned from a bit of practice, went 205-203-234. The 205 game was clean, the 234 game had 1 missed spare (split). Also got a evening of practice in last week, which included a 248 game that had an open frame and finished with the last 8 strikes.

Ready for league Wednesday and Friday!

Aslan
01-04-2015, 09:42 PM
Thats why I'm so anxious for a "meaningful" game…it's great that I seem to be averaging in the 190s the second half of December and have made a bunch of improvements…but there's still that distinct possibility that I show up to league and average in the high 150s.

larry mc
01-04-2015, 11:17 PM
mine are starting back up next week after a 2 week layoff

RobLV1
01-05-2015, 05:49 AM
Christmas week only one of the four leagues in which I bowl wasn't cancelled, and last week three of the four were cancelled. Unfortunately the one that did meet (on Friday, January 2) didn't publicize it very well, so two of the four "bowlers" on our team didn't show up. Needless to say, my wife and I got slaughtered by the other team that cared enough to show up!

Hampe
01-05-2015, 09:49 AM
Same here.....last league game was on December 9th. There was a New Years no tap tournament but I didn't play in that since it was new year's day, and like many people around the world, I was not in condition to bowl 4 games. Can't wait for leagues to start up this week! Especially since our game this week is #1 vs. #2 (we are 1). It's a match up I've been waiting for for a while.

Perrin
01-05-2015, 12:00 PM
My monday league didn't take any weeks off this year so bowled through the holidays :)

Aslan
01-05-2015, 05:56 PM
Can't wait for leagues to start up this week! Especially since our game this week is #1 vs. #2 (we are 1). It's a match up I've been waiting for for a while.

Mark yer calenders boyz...1/20! On 1/20 my team (currently in 2nd) faces the #5 best team (in terms of handicap, currently in 7th place) in the league of 31. That team has twin brothers, both averaging in the 190s...both with VERY good skills. "190s" may not sound like much...but there are only about 12 players (out of 161) that are 190 or above this season thanks to the new lanes and new oiling policies.

So this is another opportunity to test my physical AND mental game against a worthy adversary. We faced the #3 team (handicap) earlier in the season and destroyed them...but then we faced the #4 team (handicap) and only took 1 point. The GOOD news is...we're scheduled to play them on the 39 and 40 lanes...end of the center...closest to the door...and I ALWAYS bowl well on that pair.

Mudpuppy
01-06-2015, 10:52 AM
my leagues missed zero days over the holidays. guess you need to move back to michigan and bowl on some cool kid leagues. sounds like bowling in CA kinda sucks.

Aslan
01-06-2015, 01:46 PM
my leagues missed zero days over the holidays. guess you need to move back to michigan and bowl on some cool kid leagues. sounds like bowling in CA kinda sucks.

I'm definitely NOT moving back...especially during the holiday season when ya have to hear that stupid "Christmas on Woodward" song by Karen Newman every 70 seconds. I've driven on woodward at Christmas time...it is NOT festiv...it's dirty and smells like urine.

Mudpuppy
01-06-2015, 02:27 PM
I'm definitely NOT moving back...especially during the holiday season when ya have to hear that stupid "Christmas on Woodward" song by Karen Newman every 70 seconds. I've driven on woodward at Christmas time...it is NOT festiv...it's dirty and smells like urine.

Don't forget the acrid smell of crack cocaine lingering like a stink bomb in the air heavy enough to cut with a knife