PDA

View Full Version : Bowling Center's lane damages my ball

Blacksox1
01-05-2015, 09:19 PM
Ball purchased 10 months ago from the Pro Shop of said center. The damage a 2+ inch gouge :mad:running in same direction:mad: and in my flare rings. This is a high end ball with less than 30 games on it. What should I expect or demand?

got_a_300
01-06-2015, 12:05 AM
I would ask/demand a replacement ball since the damage
is in your track area. If you let them repair it then you'll
have some plugging compound in your track which is quite
a bit different than the ball surface.

It may never have the right reaction again as it rolls over
the plugging compound it may slide more than normal and
push farther down the lane.

ralphs007
01-06-2015, 02:20 PM
I would expect a brand new ball !

Mike White
01-06-2015, 02:35 PM
Ball purchased 10 months ago from the Pro Shop of said center. The damage a 2+ inch gouge :mad:running in same direction:mad: and in my flare rings. This is a high end ball with less than 30 games on it. What should I expect or demand?

Can you take a picture of the gouge?

If it can't be repaired properly, then it's possible the bowling center will give some $$ towards a replacement ball.

With the ball being 10 months old, I doubt you would get a complete replacement.

I'm wondering what the background is on why you bought a ball from the pro shop from said center, then only used it for < 30 games in 10 months.

Blacksox1
01-06-2015, 08:16 PM
Can you take a picture of the gouge? I turned the ball in to the front desk with some paperwork without taking a picture on Monday. The very skilled pro shop owner operator called me on Tuesday and assured me that this will be taken care of to my satisfaction.

If it can't be repaired properly, then it's possible the bowling center will give some $$ towards a replacement ball.

With the ball being 10 months old, I doubt you would get a complete replacement.

I'm wondering what the background is on why you bought a ball from the pro shop from said center, then only used it for < 30 games in 10 months. The ball is a Hyper Cell drilled 4 x 4 x 2 requiring good volume and length of oil. Added a second league, this past fall with more oil and only decided to sub instead of full time. 6 weeks x 3 games plus about 5 games of practice and a 5 game block on the badger pattern for a charity tournament. I use weaker equipment as a regular in my first league.

Geneo2u
01-07-2015, 02:21 PM
I would ask/demand a replacement ball since the damage
is in your track area. If you let them repair it then you'll
have some plugging compound in your track which is quite
a bit different than the ball surface.

It may never have the right reaction again as it rolls over
the plugging compound it may slide more than normal and
push farther down the lane.

I had a Freeze that did the same thing, trying to fix it was a nice thing but the ball was never the same again. Now it sits in the garage keeping my shelf from getting away. I liked that ball to.

Blacksox1
01-08-2015, 11:50 PM
Repaired ball used Thursday in league games 2 and 3. 12/20 strikes 60% with two 10 pins and a 9 pin. The other 5 shots, operator error.

At this moment, meets my approval. Going to practice Monday, to test it out more.

got_a_300
01-09-2015, 01:01 PM
Repaired ball used Thursday in league games 2 and 3. 12/20 strikes 60% with two 10 pins and a 9 pin. The other 5 shots, operator error.

At this moment, meets my approval. Going to practice Monday, to test it out more.

Nice!!! glad they did a good job on repairing the ball so it doesn't act all squirrelly
out there on the lanes.