PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Splitsville!

Blomer
01-08-2015, 02:03 PM
Last night in one game I had 6 splits. In another I had 3. When I am splitting a lot, what can I do to reduce it? Most seems to be solid hits. A couple where just bad shots.

bubba809
01-08-2015, 02:20 PM
Wait was this in the same night you rolled your 624 you just posted?

J Anderson
01-08-2015, 03:09 PM
Last night in one game I had 6 splits. In another I had 3. When I am splitting a lot, what can I do to reduce it? Most seems to be solid hits. A couple where just bad shots.

It depends on what splits you're leaving. Big splits like the 4-9, 4-7-10, 6-7-10, etc. are usually caused by the ball hitting too high. The easiest fix is moving in a bit. A split that leaves the 5 pin, i.e. 5-7, 4-5, is the result of the ball deflecting too much so you need an adjustment that gets the ball to the pocket at a better angle or gets the ball to retain more energy.

Ideally, you should learn to watch the ball all the way through the pins. If not at least keep track of what pins you leave. For me, leaving a 4 pin is usually a sign that I need to move in. For a lefty, it would be the 6 pin.

RobLV1
01-08-2015, 06:37 PM
A great majority of splits result from a bowler who keeps trying to play a line that is not working. If you are playing the right line, keeping up with the moves, and have the right ball in your hand, you will have miss room to either side to avoid splits.