PDA

View Full Version : Forza - Smooth Rolling Medium Oil ball - Ball Review and Ball Reaction Video - KG

Mappa
01-12-2015, 01:02 PM
I was fortunate enough to get my Forza before I had a chance to hear anything about it first. This gave me a unique opportunity to throw the ball with no pre-conceived notions as to what to “expect” the ball to do. After the first few shots to get lined up, I had a big smile plastered on my face. I was so pleased with the ball motion I saw – it was a refreshing shape. Smooth, arcing, continuous, driving through the pindeck. Often you see this type of shape with big hook balls – what makes this one great is that it is designed for Medium oil. That what makes this ball much more useful for me… a slightly rev-dominant player.

I like using my Forza the most on fresh oil. On typical house shots I move into the oil a bit and it blends the wet / dry characteristics of the lane on the outside. On sport shots the Forza blends the back of the pattern very well. Controlling the back end reaction is the most important thing to consider on tough shots. Because of the unique angles this ball creates, I feel the Forza widens my pocket. I carry the high hits particularly well. Isn’t the trip 4 pin a bowler’s best friend?

Here is a link to my ball reaction video for the Forza. In the video I compare it to the MOTIV Ascent Apex, Tribal Fire, Covert Revolt and Jackal on Kegel’s Bourbon Street pattern.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHNBUzcJxdc

For any bowler, a smooth rolling, symmetric core medium oil ball is essential. The Forza fits the bill perfectly.

Kevin Gallagher
PBA Member
MOTIV Staff