PDA

View Full Version : Release: Your A, B and C Games

bowl1820
01-12-2015, 06:46 PM
I ran across this, I thought I'd post this.

Release: Your A, B and C Games

Your "A" Game:
Let there be no doubt that your "A" game is the delivery that you are most consistent at repeating.

For some bowlers it may be the spinning release, for others it may be their end-over-end release and for the elite few, it may be a combination of spin, forward roll, lift and spin.

Regardless, Your "A" game is the release you can repeat consistently with no problems.

Your "B" Game:
This is your second release that you are just as comfortable delivering.

Your "B" game release is the release you practice and practice until you are just as confident with it as you are with your "A" game release. If you spin the ball your "B" game is End-Over-End or some other kind of release you are very good at repeating.

Your "C" Game:
This is a variation of the combination of the two releases. When lane conditions are not favorable, you may have to add or subtract ball tilt or axis rotation to affect ball travel or roll for the lane conditions.

When you practice, first you should deliver your "A" game release fom your normal delivery position and then try your "B" game release from your normal delivery position on the approach.

This will allow you to see how the bowling ball reacts down lane through the area you have chosen with respect to each release.