PDA

View Full Version : Great tip for when your thumb hole feels too tight.

ralphs007
01-13-2015, 11:41 AM
I found this tip in one of my bowling books,and this tip made the whole cost of the book worth it! Most of you probably know it, so this is for the beginners like myself.
Take a brand new Kleenex and drape it over your thumb. Now your thumb should look like a miniature ghost. ;) Push your thumb into your thumb hole for about five seconds. When you take your thumb out, it will now be smaller, and fit much better.
I thought this was BS until I tried it! If you found this tip useful, please paypal me $.35. :D

Perrin
01-13-2015, 04:42 PM
:) we use the napkins the alley puts on all the tables.

if you have to do this all the time though you probably should look at having your thumb hole checked and possibly opened up a little.

Sourtower
01-14-2015, 08:53 AM
How often do you need to do this during a normal 3 game session? In one of the houses I have a league in, the humidity is always up and my thumb is always swimming in Easy Slide. Thanks for the tip!

ralphs007
01-14-2015, 09:01 AM
How often do you need to do this during a normal 3 game session? In one of the houses I have a league in, the humidity is always up and my thumb is always swimming in Easy Slide. Thanks for the tip!

I do it before my first game and I repeat around my fifth game. It last longer that I thought it would.

ralphs007
01-14-2015, 09:07 AM
:) we use the napkins the alley puts on all the tables.

if you have to do this all the time though you probably should look at having your thumb hole checked and possibly opened up a little.

I've been holding off on having the hole opened up, because I was under the impression that my thumb would shrink in the winter. So far that hasn't been true, so I'm going to have it opened a little this Friday, when I pick up my new ball. :)
Thanks

got_a_300
01-16-2015, 02:05 AM
I always have my thumb hole a little larger than my thumb
that way you can add or take out tape to make it fit right.

ralphs007
01-18-2015, 11:49 AM

I picked up my new ball yesterday, and while I was there, I had my old ball's hole opened up. I'm going to pick up some tape and learn to adjust the thumb hole size. Tomorrow I'm going to use electrical tape, until I pick up some bowling tape. I have a roll of electrical tape that's colored blue that doesn't leave behind any glue residue. I got it from an electrician friend.

ralphs007
01-21-2015, 03:44 PM

Thanks for the advice ! I like having the thumb hole a little too big. Now I don't have to worry about being pulled down the alley when my thumb swells up after five games.

Aslan
01-23-2015, 09:57 PM
If the thumbhole feels too BIG....I've heard that you can go to the bathroom, stick your thumb up you ---- for 5 minutes and when you return it'll fit just fine.

TIP: Better to do with Storm scented balls to cancel out obvious odor issues.

ALSO: You WILL get weird looks if you ask people to "help" you.

ralphs007
01-23-2015, 10:25 PM
If the thumbhole feels too BIG....I've heard that you can go to the bathroom, stick your thumb up you ---- for 5 minutes and when you return it'll fit just fine.

TIP: Better to do with Storm scented balls to cancel out obvious odor issues.

ALSO: You WILL get weird looks if you ask people to "help" you.

This is proof of why drinking and posting on an internet forum don't mix .

Gone59
02-06-2015, 06:17 PM
Can this trick by used on a house ball? If I find one that fits close?

ralphs007
02-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Yes it should work, no problem.