PDA

View Full Version : What movies have you seen lately?

The KingPin
01-26-2009, 01:17 PM
So with many new movies out, what have you seen?

My wife and I went to see Bride Wars. I was 1 of only 4 guys in the theater with over 30 woman. Great times.

What about you?

Jord_84
01-27-2009, 12:09 AM
Pineapple Express, Hancock, and Step Brothers were the most recent movies I've seen

The KingPin
01-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Pineapple Express, Hancock, and Step Brothers were the most recent movies I've seen

I tried to make it through Pineapple Express but It was too dull for me. Now I did see Step brothers and it was ok.

I rented My Best Friends Girl, and although a lot of cursing it was pretty good.

Iceman
01-30-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm an Adam Sandler fan, loved the waterboy and wedding singer, but omg, what was he thinking when he did the Zohan. I was even weary about the cover, but decided since it was him, it may be ok. How wrong was that - there was not even dry humor enough for him on accident. There were some parts that if you paid attention were funny, but no busting outloud scenes.

Jord_84
01-30-2009, 03:00 PM
If you like adam sandler and want to see one of his more recent movies....I'd watch "The longest yard".
He even got Burt Reynolds to do a cameo in it.

The beginning of the movie, with the police chase is epic.

Iceman
01-31-2009, 01:32 PM
I've seen all the adam sandler movies, I just was very dissappointed with Zohan. I did like Longest Yard, but Waterboy and even Happy Gilmore at times at me hurting..

Jord_84
01-31-2009, 09:06 PM
yeah, Zohan left a lot to be desired.

bowl1820
01-31-2009, 11:16 PM
At the theater it was The day the earth stood still and mall cop.

DVDs
The Naked Jungle
(The Leiningen South American cocoa plantation is threatened by a 2-mile-wide, 20-mile-long column of army ants!)

The 300 Spartans ('62 ver.).

Jord_84
02-01-2009, 12:23 AM
is "mall cop" any good?
I've been thinking about going and seeing it. That and "Valkyrie".

The KingPin
02-01-2009, 12:29 AM
I'm an Adam Sandler fan, loved the waterboy and wedding singer, but omg, what was he thinking when he did the Zohan. I was even weary about the cover, but decided since it was him, it may be ok. How wrong was that - there was not even dry humor enough for him on accident. There were some parts that if you paid attention were funny, but no busting outloud scenes.

I think Happy Gilmore is a classic for comedy movies. Great work for sure

The KingPin
02-01-2009, 12:29 AM
At the theater it was The day the earth stood still and mall cop.

DVDs
The Naked Jungle
(The Leiningen South American cocoa plantation is threatened by a 2-mile-wide, 20-mile-long column of army ants!)

The 300 Spartans ('62 ver.).

Yeah how was Mall Cop?

bowl1820
02-01-2009, 01:31 AM
Mall Cop was ok it was worth the matinee price. Not a laugh a minute movie, but the cast was good and it had some humorous moments.
It started a little slow but picked up when the action at the mall started. A great idea but It needed something, just a little more to give it the K.O. punch.A couple places had some ideas that they should have ran with more.
Make sure you stay through the end credits to see the extra scenes.

NoTapNorm
02-01-2009, 08:14 AM
I hear a marathon coming....
Happy Gilmore, Caddyshack.....

Most recent: Hancock, Marley & Me, Hulk, 88 Minutes

The KingPin
02-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Mall Cop was ok it was worth the matinee price. Not a laugh a minute movie, but the cast was good and it had some humorous moments.
It started a little slow but picked up when the action at the mall started. A great idea but It needed something, just a little more to give it the K.O. punch.A couple places had some ideas that they should have ran with more.
Make sure you stay through the end credits to see the extra scenes.

Thanks for the movie review. I guess I will wait until dvd

ArtVandelay
02-10-2009, 08:14 PM
Anyone see Taken yet? That looks good on the previews. I'm not a huge movie guy anymore, though....

JerseyJim
02-11-2009, 12:12 PM
So with many new movies out, what have you seen?

My wife and I went to see Bride Wars. I was 1 of only 4 guys in the theater with over 30 woman. Great times.

What about you?

I saw "The Dark Knight" on PPV. That was pretty decent. I wouldn't have recognized Heath Ledger as the Joker. I also saw "3:10 to Yuma" with Christian Bale, and Russell Crowe. It was a worthy remake. I'm planning to see "Taken", and "The Watchmen" when it comes out in March.

Kingpin, if you want to be one of the few guys in a setting, go see "Menopause:The Muscical". I saw it in San Franscisco with my wife about 5 years ago. We were there on vacation. There were maybe a dozen guys in a theatre of 350 women.

Jord_84
02-11-2009, 02:13 PM
"3:10 to Yuma" was a good movie.
If you liked that movie, then "No Country For Old Men" should be right up your alley.

The KingPin
02-11-2009, 10:34 PM
I saw "The Dark Knight" on PPV. That was pretty decent. I wouldn't have recognized Heath Ledger as the Joker. I also saw "3:10 to Yuma" with Christian Bale, and Russell Crowe. It was a worthy remake. I'm planning to see "Taken", and "The Watchmen" when it comes out in March.

Kingpin, if you want to be one of the few guys in a setting, go see "Menopause:The Muscical". I saw it in San Franscisco with my wife about 5 years ago. We were there on vacation. There were maybe a dozen guys in a theatre of 350 women.

Wow that is crazy. I step down. That really takes the cake

P.Weaver
03-30-2009, 08:21 AM
WATCHMEN!! OMG - can you say full frontal male nudity?? The blue guy (Mr Manhatten?) does not have clothes on through most of the movie. I thought my son was joking when he said the kids at school said there was a naked guy in the movie....I will never doubt my 17 year old again!! The movie was 3 hours long - I should have taken the opinion of the reviews I read (1 1/2 stars)

comfortably numb
07-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Since our new movie theater opened about 18 months ago, and we don't have to travel 35 miles round trip to see a flick, I've seen maybe one movie a month on average, and to tell you the truth, not one has been memorable....you walk out of the movie and 2 days later you can't remember the name of what you just saw. Either bad movies or old age, or combination thereof.

Trex
07-30-2011, 08:23 PM
The Cars.