PDA

View Full Version : Scores from Jan 25, 2015...

Monte
01-26-2015, 10:32 AM
I could have done better...

Went to my local bowling center for some open bowling. I'm left-handed, and my line yesterday was one I've thrown before. I put the inside of my left foot on the middle board between the center dot and the dot immediately to the right of it. My target was just past the 2nd arrow down the lane. And I used some tips on timing ans swing from some Norm Duke videos I found. I floated the ball out to around 8, and had it hook back in from there. I tried a more direct approach, but I was getting a little too much hook. I would have played further outside, but I had my son with me, and they were using those foam bumpers that you put in the lanes, so I couldn't play out near the 1st arrow, which is where I probably would have tried.

Shot 176, 190, 173.

Started off the first game pretty good, got a couple of opens in the 6th and 7th, I think, and finished pretty strong.

Second game, I went mark, mark, open, mark, mark, open, then had a pretty good 7, 8, and 9 frame. Crapped out in the 10th, though.

Last game I had three or four opens in a row, and I think I finished with a turkey.

The center where I bowl doesn't give printouts of games. They used to a LONG time ago, but they quit doing it several years back, and I don't know why.

I'm still not convinced my grip is right on my ball. I think if I can get it fixed I can bump that up and become a 200+ bowler.