PDA

View Full Version : USBC Rules for Post-Bowling

MattRagle
02-02-2015, 04:35 PM
How long do you have to post bowl according to USBC rules?

J Anderson
02-02-2015, 05:24 PM

It appears to me that if both teams are rescheduling to bowl against each other, the limit would be before the last scheduled week of the season or half-season. If bowling un-opposed, the limit would be one week.
As with much of the USBC rule book, the rules for pre and post bowling are poorly written , and I wouldn't be at all surprised to find the the official USBC position is not what I think it is

bowl1820
02-02-2015, 05:48 PM

Here is the USBC Rule:

111f. Time Limit for Bowling
Pre-bowled/postponed games must be bowled as follows:
1. Prior to the date of scheduled competition for final team standings for the season or each segment
of a split season; or
2. Within seven days when the postponement is granted for the last day of a segment
(split season leagues); or
3. Within seven days when the postponement is granted for the last day of the schedule.
The foregoing applies to teams bowling in direct opposition. A league may adopt different time frames
for individual and/or team unopposed bowling.
The foregoing does not apply when a protest or appeal is pending finalization under Rule 119.

Commonly Asked Questions – Rule 111f.
111f/1 What if a team granted a postponement does not make up the games within the
league’s time limit?
A team can request an extension if they do not make up games within the time limit set by
league rule. The committee or board considers the reason the games were not made up and
decides whether to grant additional time to make the games up.

111f/2 Can a league adopt a rule placing a time limit on postponed games?
Leagues can adopt rules placing a time limit to make up games bowled unopposed. However,
they cannot adopt a rule for makeup games bowled in direct competition. Rule 111f states
postponements must be made up before the date of the scheduled competition for final team
standings or each segment of a split season or seven days of the final date of the schedule or
segment. The only exception is when a protest or appeal is pending finalization under Rule
119. Therefore, a league wanting to place time limits on direct competition makeup game(s),
can adopt a rule indicating the game(s) “should” be made up within a specified time period.

111f/3 What happens if a postponement is not made up before the end of the season?
If games are not made up before the end of the season (end of the half, quarter, etc.) as
required by Rule 111f, the games are subject to forfeiture, unless the board rules otherwise.
The board considers the reason why the games were never made up, and determines whether
forfeiture is in order or if the games should be declared null and void, and the final position
standings for all teams computed on percentages.

You should check your league rules to see if they have a time limit set in them.

We have one in ours, you have 2 weeks from when the regular match was scheduled and before the next position round.
(I got that time limit rule added because a few years back. A team missed the first night of league, then towards the end of the season they wanted to make it up. The thing was they were in 2nd place and those points could put them in first it caused a big stink.
I don't remember what happened, but we didn't want that happening again. )