PDA

View Full Version : Contest Feb 2, 2015 to Feb 8, 2015 - Brunswick Melee Jab

BowlingBoards.com
02-04-2015, 08:47 AM
We are giving away a Brunswick Melee Jab for a random poster from Feb 2, 2015 through Feb 8, 2015.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of "trying to win" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

Amyers
02-04-2015, 09:22 AM
Well I'll take a jab at this one. Supposed to be similar to a Hyroad pearl from what I have heard would fill a hole in the bag.

bigmao
02-04-2015, 11:20 AM
Sounds like a great ball to try out. I have been looking at getting some different equipment to make my bowling more versatile.

striker12
02-04-2015, 03:02 PM
a friend of mine in jrs, all he throws is Brunswick and he just shot a 300 with his melee on Monday, I defently know he wants this ball to put into his bag so if I win I will give it to him.

foreverincamo
02-04-2015, 05:13 PM
I have the Melee Cross. It's still at the pro shop waiting for me to pick it up. Stupid weather. I would love for my Cross to have a companion!

rv driver
02-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Hmmm... I'd give the Jab a try!

Jjm
02-04-2015, 08:11 PM
I'd love to try the Melee...love Brunswick!

Newbie Dan
02-04-2015, 11:31 PM
Maybe I can use this ball in my league in a few weeks good luck to everyone

larry mc
02-05-2015, 06:16 AM
this ball looks interesting

15lbballs
02-05-2015, 06:59 AM
How should I lay this ball out... Hmmm I don't know. I don't have it yet anyway I better not get my hopes up.

Blacksox1
02-05-2015, 11:51 PM
Random poster here. Just trying to win. Good luck to the board members.

rhaith85
02-06-2015, 10:14 AM
i don't think i've ever used a Brunswick ball. Maybe I can win to try?

ragstormfan
02-06-2015, 03:44 PM
Would love a good skid-flip ball, and another Brunswick ball to complement my Meanstreak Brawler!

foreverincamo
02-08-2015, 11:12 AM
Brunswick equipment is awesome! I have the Melee Cross, and the Robert Platinum Pearl. Great stuff!

Newbie Dan
02-08-2015, 11:34 AM
This would be a nice ball to use in league good luck to everyone

Jaescrub
02-08-2015, 12:00 PM
Has anyone used one or more then one ball in the Melee line up? How are they ?

rv driver
02-08-2015, 02:15 PM
Has anyone used one or more then one ball in the Melee line up? How are they ?
I've never used any Brunswick equipment, but the Melee looks interesting -- I'd love to give it a go.

Jaescrub
02-08-2015, 03:32 PM
I've never used any Brunswick equipment, but the Melee looks interesting -- I'd love to give it a go.
I only ask cuz I have had two DV8 balls and hated them!

foreverincamo
02-08-2015, 05:59 PM
Jaescrub, what two dv8 balls didn't you like? Just curious.

toddgeers
02-08-2015, 07:36 PM
I have rolled all three, This one is by far the most consistent.

DLP
02-08-2015, 07:39 PM
Funny that. Going up in weight and that happens to be what is sitting in the Pro shop calling my name :)

Jaescrub
02-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Jaescrub, what two dv8 balls didn't you like? Just curious.
My green misfit just would not move and my Brutal nightmare was great I keep it clean and de oiled and it still died in less then a year.

foreverincamo
02-08-2015, 09:32 PM
Jaescrub, the Misfit is pretty much made for light oil / burned up shots. It wouldn't be very good on anything fresh. I have no experience with the Brutal Nightmare, but I know a Brunswick Ball rep I can ask about the expected lifespan . Can you guesstimate how many games you had on it? Did you ever have it resurfaced?

Jaescrub
02-08-2015, 10:37 PM
Jaescrub, the Misfit is pretty much made for light oil / burned up shots. It wouldn't be very good on anything fresh. I have no experience with the Brutal Nightmare, but I know a Brunswick Ball rep I can ask about the expected lifespan . Can you guesstimate how many games you had on it? Did you ever have it resurfaced?
3 games a week for 28 weeks and yes just died!

foreverincamo
02-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Jaescrub, I'll forward what you said to my contact at Brunswick. I'lllet you know what he says . My pro shop tech has told me there areballs that only have a life span of 45 games. They get so full of oil they're worthless beyond that. Don't remember which balls, but I believe they were Storm products.

Amyers
02-09-2015, 01:12 PM
3 games a week for 28 weeks and yes just died!

Jaescrub Did you get it resurfaced?

Jaescrub
02-09-2015, 02:23 PM
Jaescrub Did you get it resurfaced?

Yes I did. I wipe after every shot de oiled re surfaced. I'll never buy or recommend a DV8 ball to anyone at this point. I gave the misfit to a jr bowler as a starter ball. And the BN went in the trash. I know they where made by Brunswick that's why I asked if anyone here liked the ball that's being given away I really should have asked dose anyone like there Dv8/Brunswick equipment that has come out in the last 3 years. Ha ha ha. As far as the storm equipment I replaced both balls with a zero, crux and a Columbia crazy antics and love all three just had Em all redone on Saturday and killed it in league last night. I guess to each his own right.

Amyers
02-09-2015, 02:34 PM
I've never seen one die that fast if you took care of and resurfaced. I don't see much of the big B stuff at my house a few radical balls and a couple of DV8's but they are kind of rare.

JoshuaJefferson
02-09-2015, 02:57 PM
I have not actually done much research on the melee jab. What I do know is that Brunswick is a exceptional company. I actually tryed to get a friend to apply to the Brunswick factory up in Chicago.

JoshuaJefferson
02-09-2015, 03:00 PM
Have you taken a look at pyramid? I haven't thrown my divergent path or my blood moon alot yet. But they seem to be very reliable and versatile balls

Jaescrub
02-09-2015, 03:14 PM
Have you taken a look at pyramid? I haven't thrown my divergent path or my blood moon alot yet. But they seem to be very reliable and versatile balls
When the Crux pearl I won shows up I will have all the equipment that I need right now. I just like to ask question if I win anything else it will go to one of my teammates would like to win him a Roto Grip hyper cell skid. We will see ;)

Mark O
02-09-2015, 03:24 PM
I've heard from quite a number of people that some DV8 Balls have a tendency to die rather quickly even with routine maintenance in comparison to other brands. I haven't tested or confirmed this myself but I know that the number of DV8 balls I see on the racks in my home center is considerably less than it has been.

As for Brunswick products I do have experience with those and their lifespans seem to be much longer than what I've heard for DV8. I had a Brunswick Anaconda and a Brunswick C-System Ulti-Max that I took care of and both still had a strong reaction after 300+ games. A teammate of mine has a Brunswick C-System Alpha-Max and with routine care he didn't see a noticeable difference in reaction until 500+ games.

epiepenburg
02-09-2015, 03:30 PM
Yes I did. I wipe after every shot de oiled re surfaced. I'll never buy or recommend a DV8 ball to anyone at this point. I gave the misfit to a jr bowler as a starter ball. And the BN went in the trash. I know they where made by Brunswick that's why I asked if anyone here liked the ball that's being given away I really should have asked dose anyone like there Dv8/Brunswick equipment that has come out in the last 3 years. Ha ha ha. As far as the storm equipment I replaced both balls with a zero, crux and a Columbia crazy antics and love all three just had Em all redone on Saturday and killed it in league last night. I guess to each his own right.

I like my DV8 equipment. But I will say my Thug seems to be starting to die, it's got about 100 games on it. I just resurfaced it, so I'll see if it's restored its backend.

Amyers
02-09-2015, 04:01 PM
Just seen that J Anderson one this one. Congrats and hope you like it.

Jaescrub
02-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Grats to Mr. Anderson on the win! Keep it on the Boards ;)

J Anderson
02-09-2015, 05:48 PM
Grats to Mr. Anderson on the win! Keep it on the Boards ;)

Thanks! I'm going to follow your example and give it away. I just talked to the director of our local youth league about donating it to the league.

Jaescrub
02-09-2015, 06:26 PM
Thanks! I'm going to follow your example and give it away. I just talked to the director of our local youth league about donating it to the league.
Good for you! I have given away all my wins but two. I make mine go straight into the hands of a Jr. Bowler that has very lil money for equipment. I'm not Going to just let the balls I give fall into any kids hands. We have like 10 kids at BA lanes that have moms and dad and grandparents that buy them new balls everytime a new one drops. I'm not even kidding so I got with my pro shop guy and the Jr. Bowlers coach to get the equipment into needy hands ;)