PDA

View Full Version : Hello

nickcuban
01-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Hey everyone. My name is Nick and I am just getting back into bowling after about 6 years of not bowling. I currently have a Hammer and a Beast. I am about to buy a Lane #1 Buzz Bomb/R for $80... Good deal?

Either way, I'm glad I found a bowling forum. So now I have a forum for everything I enjoy: Offroading, Golfing and Bowling!

I am in Central Florida and look forward to trying to learn here. Thanks!

Seamistlark
01-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Welcome to the site. I was new here last week. This seems to be a great place, you should enjoy it. Where abouts in Central Fl. I am on the west side near Tampa.

nickcuban
01-27-2009, 04:33 PM
I am in Deland. It is about 20 minutes West of Daytona.

Seamistlark
01-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Been there many times. I build Cell Tower sites and have worked out at the T.G. Lee Plant out there. I also built the tower behind the XTC Supercenter.

nickcuban
01-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Well if you were at the T.G. LEE plant than you were about 8 minutes from my house! And about 20 from the nearest bowling alley lol.

The KingPin
01-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Hey everyone. My name is Nick and I am just getting back into bowling after about 6 years of not bowling. I currently have a Hammer and a Beast. I am about to buy a Lane #1 Buzz Bomb/R for $80... Good deal?

Either way, I'm glad I found a bowling forum. So now I have a forum for everything I enjoy: Offroading, Golfing and Bowling!

I am in Central Florida and look forward to trying to learn here. Thanks!

Hello and Welcome to BowlingBoards.com

I hope we can help you. We are honored to have you here and please tell a friend about us.

Chris - BowlingBoards.com

onefrombills
01-28-2009, 01:30 AM
welcome to the site and like Chris said if there is anything ya need just ask!

Iceman
01-28-2009, 01:34 AM
All this talk about florida and bowling is making me reconsider my retirement there. I thought everyone down there fished and golfed, hmmm, if bowling is an option maybe I can get help across the street to the nearest alley. lol

kev3inp
01-28-2009, 04:51 AM
Yes, we bowl down here, too. Nice to see a couple more Floridians on the board. Welcome and maybe we can all get together at next year's Florida mini-gathering.

NoTapNorm
01-28-2009, 06:05 AM
Welcome to the forum! hmmm.....might have to consider a road trip for a florida gathering especially now! been snowing/freezing rain all night.

nickcuban
01-28-2009, 10:38 AM
All this talk about florida and bowling is making me reconsider my retirement there. I thought everyone down there fished and golfed, hmmm, if bowling is an option maybe I can get help across the street to the nearest alley. lol

Well, there is plenty of golf here too... I actually work in a golf shop :)

I went bowling last night. It was all you can bowl from 9-11:30 for $5 not including shoes, but I have my own so it was $5 even. I had a few bad games (130-140) but most of my games were 160-180 and a few 190-220. Pretty good for me, especially since both of my balls are about 8-10 years old and don't react like they did when i got them. But I went ahead and bought that Lane #1 ball and it should be here maybe Saturday.

The KingPin
01-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Well, there is plenty of golf here too... I actually work in a golf shop :)

I went bowling last night. It was all you can bowl from 9-11:30 for $5 not including shoes, but I have my own so it was $5 even. I had a few bad games (130-140) but most of my games were 160-180 and a few 190-220. Pretty good for me, especially since both of my balls are about 8-10 years old and don't react like they did when i got them. But I went ahead and bought that Lane #1 ball and it should be here maybe Saturday.

Wow great work. Keep us posted on how your new ball does and maybe a review on it