PDA

View Full Version : What's a good setup for videotaping myself bowling?

Monte
02-16-2015, 05:03 PM
I'm sure some of you have done this...

I have a small Canon handheld video camera with an SD card. At my local center, I can't necessarily set this camera up on the ball return or the "scoring screen" table, because the tops of them are both angled. I don't really own a tripod, and I don't want to set up where it might get in the way of corner spares, either.

So if I wanted to record some video of myself bowling, what's a good setup?

bowl1820
02-16-2015, 06:51 PM

I have a small Canon handheld video camera with an SD card. At my local center, I can't necessarily set this camera up on the ball return or the "scoring screen" table, because the tops of them are both angled. I don't really own a tripod, and I don't want to set up where it might get in the way of corner spares, either.

One check the Video Capture Tips for Bowling Analysis Videos thread here:

http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/17093-Video-Capture-Tips-for-Bowling-Analysis-Videos

Don't set it on the ball return it will shake.

if you have too, just set it on a chair or table behind you and zoom in some.

Depending on what type of bag you have, prop it up behind you and sit it on that.

Get a small table top tripod, their only a couple of bucks. That's what I use.

ralphs007
02-16-2015, 06:51 PM

I use this when I record my golf swing. I attach it to my golf bag and set it behind me. If you have a bowling ball two bag cart with wheels you could set that up behind you using the handle of the cart to hold the camera.
http://www.amazon.com/Joby-GP1-A1EN-Gorillapod-Flexible-Tripod/dp/B000EVSLRO/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1424130399&sr=1-1&keywords=gorilla+tripod

Hendu71
02-17-2015, 01:54 PM
I use a tripod. I put the camera directly behind me about 5 feet behind the approach. Camera has a decent zoom so framing isn't an issue.