PDA

View Full Version : Just added a new ball

Amyers
02-17-2015, 07:57 PM
My wife got me a new ball for valentines day. My PSO has been cleaning out some older stuff that he has not found a home for and she picked me up a Storm Virtual Gravity Nano Pearl on a sweet deal. Was a good holiday for the Myers household I got her a pair of new bowling shoes from BowlingBall.com on a close out deal and she got me the ball. I should have it tomorrow had them measure my pap Friday turns out it is 4" over and 1/2" up. Can't wait to try it out

ralphs007
02-17-2015, 09:21 PM
My wife got me a new ball for valentines day. My PSO has been cleaning out some older stuff that he has not found a home for and she picked me up a Storm Virtual Gravity Nano Pearl on a sweet deal. Was a good holiday for the Myers household I got her a pair of new bowling shoes from BowlingBall.com on a close out deal and she got me the ball. I should have it tomorrow had them measure my pap Friday turns out it is 4" over and 1/2" up. Can't wait to try it out

Nice ! I didn't even get a candy bar for valentines day !

fortheloveofbowling
02-17-2015, 10:50 PM

Congrats on the new ball! I had that one and loved it until it cracked! That seems to be a problem with storm balls but i like them so i keep buying them. Anyway, good luck with the ball.

bubba809
02-18-2015, 06:48 AM
Wow, nice V-Day gift. I have the original VG Nano. Had some very high games with it. Always wanted to try the pearl version.

larry mc
02-18-2015, 11:02 AM
I got 2 stay home and babysit my sisters crazy 2 year old ,, lol

white_rabbitt
02-18-2015, 11:36 AM
Sounds like you had a great V-Day at your house! New equipment is always exciting.
We had a pretty good V-Day at our house too! I got an IQ Tour Nano and also ordered the wife her first "starter" bowling set...ball, shoes, and bag from bowlingball.com! (just like with golf, she figured out that it was better to join me than try to compete w/ golf/bowling time! lol)

manke
02-18-2015, 12:48 PM
Congrats!!

Hampe
02-18-2015, 12:49 PM
Nice one! I know a lot of people that had a lot of success with that ball. Hopefully you're the next one ;)

jab5325
02-18-2015, 01:01 PM
Hah, I didn't get a thing for V-Day.

Sourtower
02-18-2015, 01:47 PM
Let us know how you like it. I had a Storm Zero Gravity that eventually cracked on me. Gonna have to drop more hints to my wife next year since she didn't get me anything for Valentine's Day lol...

Blomer
02-18-2015, 06:43 PM
Always fun getting a new ball!

foreverincamo
02-18-2015, 06:46 PM
Way cool! I just added a Brunswick Melee Cross and a Hammer Black Widow Legend. Nothing like new equipment!

Amyers
02-19-2015, 09:48 AM
Thanks for all the good wishes I will update when I get to try it out. Unfortunately we are mostly snowed in here and I haven't been able to go pick it up yet :mad:

Jaescrub
02-19-2015, 10:44 PM
I still want to add the Marvel S and I might at some point. The worst is getting a new ball and having to wait to get it drilled.

larry mc
02-20-2015, 01:19 AM
i got a crux pearl and a guru mighty coming

Sourtower
02-20-2015, 10:06 AM
I still want to add the Marvel S and I might at some point. The worst is getting a new ball and having to wait to get it drilled.

That or when you have your mind finally made up on what bowling ball you plan on getting, and you get to the pro shop and find out that they sold it the other day and you have to wait for a new shipment. Had that happen to my friend. He waited almost 6 weeks to decide on adding the Hyper Cell Skid to his line up, and when we got to the pro shop, we found out the last one was sold 2 days prior. Only took a couple days to get it shipped, but the waiting from that point was killing him lol

mc_runner
02-20-2015, 10:21 AM
If you're looking for a Marvel S you better get it soon. I heard some things the other day that said Storm just discontinued it and several other balls (zero gravity, byte, IQ pearl)

mc_runner
02-20-2015, 11:09 AM
Never mind, Marvel-S is still out there!

Jaescrub
02-20-2015, 11:26 AM
That or when you have your mind finally made up on what bowling ball you plan on getting, and you get to the pro shop and find out that they sold it the other day and you have to wait for a new shipment. Had that happen to my friend. He waited almost 6 weeks to decide on adding the Hyper Cell Skid to his line up, and when we got to the pro shop, we found out the last one was sold 2 days prior. Only took a couple days to get it shipped, but the waiting from that point was killing him lol
That's my life my pro shop will not stock 16lb balls so everything I want has to be ordered. I wanted the marvel s last year but it just never showed up so he sold me my second pick the Zero G for way below internet prices just to make it up to me ha ha ha. As far a the marvel s going way if it dose I'll just find something else ha ha ha.

rv driver
02-20-2015, 10:10 PM
Way cool! I just added a Brunswick Melee Cross and a Hammer Black Widow Legend. Nothing like new equipment!
I'd like to take a look at the Melee Cross, myself. How do you like it -- or is it too early to tell?

rv driver
02-20-2015, 10:13 PM
I've never had that problem with my pro shop. Their distributor can have your ball of choice available inside of a week, usually. Every ball I've ordered from them has come in early.

foreverincamo
02-22-2015, 12:24 AM
rvdriver, I really like the Melee Cross. I used it for the first time in league play, and shot 675. I drilled it pin up with the CG kicked 2 inches to the right of the center of my span. With the solid coverstock and 500/2000 Siaair finish, the ball handles the 44 foot oil pattern we use in league well. It reads the midlane well, then has a strong continuous hook without jumping left like someone kicked it.
The ball motion is similar to my DV8 Marauder Mutiny that I have drilled pin down and the CG in the center of my span, but the Melee flares more and handles heavier oil. The Brunswick rep I know said that if the Cross reads too early for you, have your pro shop hit it with some polish. This will make the ball go longer before hooking.

rv driver
02-22-2015, 06:28 PM
rvdriver, I really like the Melee Cross. I used it for the first time in league play, and shot 675. I drilled it pin up with the CG kicked 2 inches to the right of the center of my span. With the solid coverstock and 500/2000 Siaair finish, the ball handles the 44 foot oil pattern we use in league well. It reads the midlane well, then has a strong continuous hook without jumping left like someone kicked it.
The ball motion is similar to my DV8 Marauder Mutiny that I have drilled pin down and the CG in the center of my span, but the Melee flares more and handles heavier oil. The Brunswick rep I know said that if the Cross reads too early for you, have your pro shop hit it with some polish. This will make the ball go longer before hooking.
I really like the looks of the Melee cross -- and, for some reason, I'm not a Brunswick fan -- but I really like the look of that ball on the lane.

Blomer
02-22-2015, 07:57 PM
Well as I finally got my IQ Nano delivered I am going to get it drilled along with the Rocket. So I'll have a few new weapons. Not sure how often I'll be able to sue the nano though as our THS isn't all to oily but sometimes they do over do it. Also during summer I may join a sport league again. Very excited about the rocket though!