PDA

View Full Version : How do you find out about demos?

Blomer
02-18-2015, 10:44 PM
I hear about bowling demos here on the boards, but how do you hear where they are?

bowl1820
02-18-2015, 11:29 PM
I hear about bowling demos here on the boards, but how do you hear where they are?

Check the ball company websites, they usually list them.
Flyers at the lanes and pro shop.

Sourtower
02-19-2015, 08:56 AM

https://www.stormbowling.com/events

Storm/Roto Grip lists some of their Matchmaker Demo events online. I say some because there were two Matchmaker events in my area in the past week there are not listed on their events calendar. Your best bet would be to call your local pro shop(s) and ask if they're planning any demo day events.

Ryan1700
02-28-2015, 06:21 AM
Stupid question, but I have never participated in the demo days. How do they do it? I mean as far as drilling and sizing? Hard to really get a feel for what a ball can do if the measurements aren't to your specs, or at least close.

J Anderson
02-28-2015, 03:24 PM
Stupid question, but I have never participated in the demo days. How do they do it? I mean as far as drilling and sizing? Hard to really get a feel for what a ball can do if the measurements aren't to your specs, or at least close.

The demo ball have interchangeable thumb and finger grips and for each model they will have several balls, each with different spans. I assume they are all drilled with the same baic lay-out.
Obviously the spans will be close, but most likely not perfect, and the lay-out will not be optimized for your PAP. If you have really odd finger or thumb pitches you might have a real problem trying to throw one of these demo balls? For many people the fit is close enough that they can get a good idea of how the new ball will work for them.

Ryan1700
02-28-2015, 03:54 PM
That's pretty much what I figured. Thanks for clarifying even though I doubt I'll get a chance to experience one in rural East Texas anytime soon! Haha