PDA

View Full Version : Would you like a chat room here?

The KingPin
01-28-2009, 08:55 PM
I am looking to see if there is enough people who would use a chat room to enable on here.

bowl1820
01-28-2009, 09:22 PM
I think something like cChatBox ( a AJAX -based ChatBox for vBulletin) would work better than a standard chat room.

The KingPin
01-28-2009, 09:38 PM
I think something like cChatBox ( a AJAX -based ChatBox for vBulletin) would work better than a standard chat room.

Do you think mainly because you can see who is online and its on the vbulletin system?

bowl1820
01-28-2009, 10:46 PM
I think because it would be more accessible to the casual visitor/low volume traffic this site has at the moment. Simple to jump in and use. It would give you a better idea if enough people would use a chat room.

If there was a high volume of traffic here, I would say a more robust chat room system would be called for. As for seeing who is online, you can have a display on the the main page showing whose chatting with most chat room systems.

As for it being cChatBox on vBulletin I just used that as a example, because you have vBulletin running here.

The KingPin
01-28-2009, 11:01 PM
I like your ideas. I am not sure where to take this site next. That is why I asked about the chat rooms

kev3inp
01-29-2009, 04:44 AM
Either one would be fine with me, but there ought to be a way to signal someone to look at the chatbox. I glance at it once on BT, then mostly ignore it.

The KingPin
01-31-2009, 11:44 PM
Either one would be fine with me, but there ought to be a way to signal someone to look at the chatbox. I glance at it once on BT, then mostly ignore it.

I feel that may be the feelings of many

Anni1
02-01-2009, 04:04 PM
I think having a chat room on here would be great!!

onefrombills
02-01-2009, 09:02 PM
i would use it !!!!!

Iceman
02-02-2009, 01:09 AM
Chatting areas are useful if there are also set scheduled times of events, like coaches, interviews, etc. I usually get on late Sundays to do most of my posting after a practice session of course from posts I made earlier of why I am or not doing.

Somedays, I do have questions that I think of, and instead of posting to wait for responses, I google it to get quick results, and others I pick up the phone and call my coach, speed dial #3. Wife and daughter made top 2, lol.

I would use it, but putting scheduled events would be a major plus.