PDA

View Full Version : What is the most important thing you have learned in life?

The KingPin
01-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Ok so let's go down memory lane.

What is the most important thing you have learned in your life?

Maybe fire means ouch as a young child.

Maybe knowing what love feels like.

Maybe you have regrets and you have learned from them.

Without cursing and or too graphic of details, what is something you have learned in your life that you are grateful for knowing now?

I for one learn from other people and examples. I must say for me it is important to tell people what you feel. For an example I have learned from having family and friends p*** away.

I tell the ones I love that I do love them and I am grateful for them being in my life. I tell my wife and my son I love them every time we talk on the phone and such as you never know when it is your time or theirs.

I know it is sad for some, yet we all have happy and sad times. We learn and we live.

Jord_84
01-28-2009, 11:35 PM
opinions are like ***holes everyone has one.
if you've got one leg in the past, and one leg in the future, you're p***ing on today.
never ever bring up politics or religion during bar conversation.
insanity is repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
be thankful for what you have.
no matter how bad you think your situation is, someone always has it worse.
hate is a strong word.
carpe diem, seize the day.

The KingPin
01-29-2009, 12:09 AM
opinions are like ***holes everyone has one.
if you've got one leg in the past, and one leg in the future, you're p***ing on today.
never ever bring up politics or religion during bar conversation.
insanity is repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
be thankful for what you have.
no matter how bad you think your situation is, someone always has it worse.
hate is a strong word.
carpe diem, seize the day.

Great insights. I like what you mean by being thankful for what you have.

kev3inp
01-29-2009, 04:50 AM
I'm with you all on your selections. My personal favorite is "Never try to teach a pig to sing. You just waste your time and annoy the pig."

Jord_84
01-30-2009, 03:06 PM
lol, my mom shared this one with me:

some people are like slinkies, they're useless and they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

kev3inp
01-30-2009, 05:24 PM
lol, my mom shared this one with me:

some people are like slinkies, they're useless and they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Now that's funny! I'll be using that at work. Thanks!

Iceman
01-31-2009, 01:54 PM
Slinky, :p, I have one in my bowling bag - I play with it some nights when I'm sitting at the table to get my mind off the game. Even though I'm watching other people's shots.

I will so much use that line - it will bring a good laugh to a few there.

I love looking at the bracket layouts before we start and when someone is standing next to me that I have in a bracket, I just simply skim my finger across it and say out loud but subtle "Ok, I just got to get it off my hand in this bracket....." That usually gets a rise out of certain ones.

The biggest thing I learned in life thus far,
Never say CAN'T something - we talk about how we CAN "do or get" something instead. My daughter is having a hard time with this, but she shows promise when she figures out a way. It makes me feel proud when she comes up with a solution herself.

ThongPrincess
01-31-2009, 11:52 PM
Sometimes the things that seem like the worst end up being a gift in disguise. When I was served with divorce papers I felt like the world I knew had fallen apart. Looking back it was a gift, I went back to school got my AA degree from the local CC and transfered to UCLA where I got my BA. I have since gone to CSUN and completed my CA teaching Credential. I have been teaching for 13 years now.

Two years ago my principal decided to move me from 5th grade to 3rd. I had taught at the elementary school 10 years and had many friends on the staff and did not want to leave the comfort, but even more did not want to spend my summer training for the new grade level. I transfered to Middle School and began teaching 6th grade Math & Science. I love it.

onefrombills
01-31-2009, 11:54 PM
No matter how well you do/did ....you can do 10% more

comfortably numb
07-28-2011, 11:50 AM
I've learned that every day of my life is a test. And there are going to be eternal consequences on how we live our lives. And finally, every word you say is "out there in the atmosphere" so that there is both life and death in the words you use, so watch what you say!

Trex
07-28-2011, 12:13 PM
I've learned that every day of my life is a test. And there are going to be eternal consequences on how we live our lives. And finally, every word you say is "out there in the atmosphere" so that there is both life and death in the words you use, so watch what you say!

I learned that too!! Glad to know I am not the only One...... :)

The Mayor
07-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug...

comfortably numb
07-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Life has also taught me that if crap was brains, I'd be Einstein!

Trex
07-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Einstein is almost as smart as me! :D

comfortably numb
07-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Agreed...anyone who can afford to retire has more brains than most of us working stiffs!!!

The Mayor
07-28-2011, 02:04 PM
No, what I've really learned is, take advantage of the things that are in your life right now, because you'll wish you did when they're gone.

Trex
07-29-2011, 11:05 PM
No, what I've really learned is, take advantage of the things that are in your life right now, because you'll wish you did when they're gone.

Very True!!!!