PDA

View Full Version : How often do you bowl with friends/family just for fun?

NewToBowling
03-19-2015, 10:37 AM
I know many here are pretty serious bowlers and are always mindful of each and every ball release. But how often do you just shut it down and play for pure fun with friends or family.

Right now I don't play league as I have only been serious about bowling since January. Before that I was a chicken winging thumbless bowler who didn't even cross over my right leg. I am definitely getting the hang of it and will eventually join a league.

But I bowl with my wife and dad usually every Sunday and some days throughout the week. My 3 year old daughter comes with us and likes to hang around. She is actually excited when we say we are going bowling even though she doesn't bowl herself. For me it's good family time and we all enjoy it. My dad is actually pretty decent for not having any form and throwing it down some times with hook and other times straight. He will get 2-3 strikes a game.

But for now it's fun for all even though we do keep score and take pictures of all our games to keep tabs.

bubba809
03-19-2015, 11:02 AM
I take my 3 year old girl bowling all the time. I get her one of those ramps to use, throw the bumpers up and she absolutely loves it. It blows my mind seeing her lifting this 10 pound ball (she's only 27 Lbs), over and over and over again non stop for an hour straight. She may be very young, but she understands the concept.

On a side note, I do not bowl when I take her bowling. If you're wondering why, just look up some bowling related injuries (video) on the internet. You would be surprised how many little ones have been KNOCKED-THE-F**K-OUT, while sneaking up behind Mommy & Daddy on their approach.

**Only The Iceman knows**

Amyers
03-19-2015, 11:07 AM
Strangely enough I usually bowl for fun when I'm at the height of one of my slumps. When I'm slumping one of the few things I've found that helps is quit working on it and just go fling the d*** ball. Works almost every time :)

Bradski9
03-19-2015, 05:34 PM
I bowl with family for fun every Sunday, they all bowl to drink basically so I crush them every time haha.

rv driver
03-19-2015, 06:10 PM
I never bowl "just for fun." I've always taken my bowling fairly seriously -- now matter when or with whom. For me, the seriousness is the fun.

Aslan
03-19-2015, 06:46 PM
At least once a month with my daughter. Usually one weekend a month I'll bring her and her 1-2 friends and while I practice on the lane next to them, they'll bowl, eat, and have fun. I usually do pretty well…partially because the conditions aren't as tough and partially because I'm not trying so hard.