PDA

View Full Version : BOTM - BowlingBoards.com Bowler of the Month

The KingPin
08-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Hello to all.

Well this will be the list. The list of the greatest Bowlers that have ever posted here before.

The rules vary from month to month on how to win the

BowlingBoards.com Forum Bowler of the Month

Yet the object is the same, be the best bowler on these forums for the specified month.

We are a bowling forum built on dignity,morals, and ethics. So we expect the same from the bowlers of the month.

The bowler of the month is a person who does not flame members, they respect each member and their questions even if asked 100 times before.

These are the elite members of the forum, we hope you are the next BowlingBoards.com Bowler of the month

onefrombills
08-17-2008, 10:10 PM
This will be a great way to keep people posting and having fun....another great job BB.com

bowlr721
08-18-2008, 10:49 AM
I agree should be something good to really help the site!!!

onefrombills
09-04-2008, 05:02 AM
It can happened to me ....It can happened to you

Baroncad
09-04-2008, 11:50 AM
It can happened to me ....It can happened to you

Oh, you already won stop kissing up Brian :D:D (jk)

Congrats Brian, you deserve it.

You were the first person to welcome me to this site and have been very helpful in many areas of this site.

So what did you win a:
plaque
pink "hello kitty" spare ball
lifetime membership to bowling boards.com (that would be sweet)
or a big hug from the KingPin

Well, kudos to you buddy.

Paddy

onefrombills
09-04-2008, 04:09 PM
well the Staff of the site and I are going to Vegas and what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.....LOL!!!

Baroncad
09-04-2008, 04:13 PM
well the Staff of the site and I are going to Vegas and what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.....LOL!!!

Well ummmm....:eek: okay enough said :p

onefrombills
09-04-2008, 04:16 PM
that should aspire you all for next month

kev3inp
09-08-2008, 12:50 PM
You guys! I think you're intentionally making those gaffes to rile your old English teachers. :D Some people have accused me of being an English major, but my rank is much higher! ;)

onefrombills
09-08-2008, 01:38 PM
You guys! I think you're intentionally making those gaffes to rile your old English teachers. :D Some people have accused me of being an English major, but my rank is much higher! ;)

What do you mean ?

The KingPin
09-08-2008, 03:55 PM

I must say that I am confused too

kev3inp
09-08-2008, 04:52 PM
"It can happened to me ....It can happened to you"

Mixed tenses. Either remove the "can", or maybe use "has" in the first part, and drop the "ed" from the second part. "Can" is a future tense, "happened" is a past tense. It makes more sense as "It happened to me, it can happen to you."

The other one I caught right away was the wrong choice of words. I'm certain you meant "inspire" rather than "aspire." Often my aspirations are the root of my inspirations. That old Chicago song "You're My Inspiration" would have an entirely different meaning if they used "aspiration."

Someone else here confuses homonyms, like using "are" instead of "our."

It's just little things, but my brain stumbles over them when I see them. My wife complains that I'm too exacting with communications, and I suppose it's true. I don't mean to offend, I guess I'm just too precise for my own good. I must have been an editor or proofreader in a former life. ;)

onefrombills
09-08-2008, 04:57 PM

Mixed tenses. Either remove the "can", or maybe use "has" in the first part, and drop the "ed" from the second part. "Can" is a future tense, "happened" is a past tense. It makes more sense as "It happened to me, it can happen to you."

The other one I caught right away was the wrong choice of words. I'm certain you meant "inspire" rather than "aspire." Often my aspirations are the root of my inspirations. That old Chicago song "You're My Inspiration" would have an entirely different meaning if they used "aspiration."

It's just little things, but my brain stumbles over them when I see them. My wife complains that I'm too exacting with communications, and I suppose it's true. I don't mean to offend, I guess I'm just too precise for my own good. I must have been an editor or proofreader in a former life. ;)

ouch my head ....someone take the pain away :eek:

The KingPin
09-08-2008, 06:10 PM

Well we are happy to have you here no matter what you may have been in a past life.:)

Baroncad
09-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Well we are happy to have you here no matter what you may have been in a past life.:)

So are we going to discuss what we were in past lives, now.

Good, I was a dashing, rapscallion with long flowing....alright, so now were not going in that direction.

Always a day late and a brick shy of a full load, that's me (slinks away slowly, tail between the legs) :rolleyes:

kev3inp
09-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Isn't a rapscallion an onion that rhymes words to a beat?? :D

onefrombills
09-09-2008, 06:02 AM

Yes we are

Baroncad
09-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Isn't a rapscallion an onion that rhymes words to a beat?? :D

HA HA HA that was good.