PDA

View Full Version : Is your bowling arm bigger than the other one?

NewToBowling
03-27-2015, 08:06 PM
My right arm is definitely getting more muscular. I do wrist curls every day now and I can feel and see the difference. I think during the PBA Randy Peterson made a comment on Ryan CimiMelli and now big his left arm was compared to his right. It was pretty dramatic

rv driver
03-27-2015, 08:30 PM
Yeah, but throwing a weight repeatedly day after day will do that...

Aslan
03-28-2015, 02:04 PM
Yes…but not from bowling.

:eek:

fortheloveofbowling
03-28-2015, 03:25 PM

I didn't need to read that.:)

rv driver
03-28-2015, 03:39 PM

From lifting those beer mugs, I hope? ;)

Aslan
03-28-2015, 04:31 PM
From lifting those beer mugs, I hope? ;)

Okay.

rv driver
03-29-2015, 10:34 PM
Okay.
<Whew!> Because the alternative was too messed up to think about...

swingset
03-30-2015, 08:09 PM
Most everyone's dominant arm is bigger than their other arm, so no surprise there.

I work out both arms, so it's not a big diff.

mc_runner
03-31-2015, 10:28 AM
As soon as I saw this topic I knew Aslan would be weighing in. haha. Mine's a little bit bigger but not by an extreme amount... I'm pretty sure if it's WAY bigger it means you're muscling too much?

augoat
03-31-2015, 02:59 PM
My right arm is definitely getting more muscular. I do wrist curls every day now and I can feel and see the difference. I think during the PBA Randy Peterson made a comment on Ryan CimiMelli and now big his left arm was compared to his right. It was pretty dramatic

It's not uncommon for someone's dominant arm to be more muscular or have more muscle definition than their non-dominant arm. Prior to taking up bowling, my right arm was more developed than my left and I do my share of weight lifting. Of course, playing a sport where you are relying on one arm to do the bulk of the work is going to further that effect. Look at most MLB pitchers, and pro tennis players. It's really easy to tell which arm is a tennis player's dominant arm just by looking at their shoulders in most cases. You can always compensate some by doing extra weight work with your off hand, but even then you probably aren't going to make up for the variety of other tasks you perform primarily with your dominant hand/arm.

NewToBowling
03-31-2015, 04:32 PM
Yeah I'm ambidextrous. I write with my left hand but mostly do everything else with right hand. Kind of like left hand = precision, right hand = power

I also kick right footed.

Tony
03-31-2015, 04:48 PM
I noticed this happening a few years ago so when I had the opportunity ( right shoulder surgery) I bowled left handed for a year and a half !