PDA

View Full Version : Bowling Tracker

JohnyyC
03-30-2015, 07:03 AM
Hi! I've got a question for you. Have you ever use any bowling tracker application? What do you think about them? Right now I have found one it's called a Tenpin Tracker and it's quite nice tool for bowler.

Sourtower
03-30-2015, 09:03 AM
I use Rolltech. To me its got a slightly better interface and the support team for the app is readily available for suggestions and bug fixes.

RobLV1
03-30-2015, 09:40 AM
I used one called Best Bowling for a few months last year. I stopped using it, or any tracking application for that matter, for the simple reason that I found that using it actually added pressure to improve on certain aspects of the game that really had very little value. If, for instance, I have a bad day in league and I missed some ten pins, did the missed ten pins cause my bad day? No. Perhaps a flaw in my footwork caused a flaw in my timing and that flaw in my timing caused me to miss some ten pins. I found that focusing just on specific results actually clouded the larger issue of knocking down the most pins possible. Just my take on the subject, and I'm pretty much of a head case anyway! LOL

vdubtx
03-30-2015, 09:47 AM
PinPal is a great app. Have been using it for the past 2 seasons. Available for both iOS and Android. Should have free trials for both versions to try it out for 30 days or something like that.

Android LINK (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pinpal.full&hl=en)

iOS - LINK (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pinpal/id321817464?mt=8)

Mark O
03-30-2015, 11:30 AM
I know a lot of people that use and like PinPal and a lot of others that use and like Strike Out Stats which is essentially the same app with a different name. The only difference between the two that I have seen is that PinPal is $8.99 whereas Strike Out Stats is only $4.99 but Strike Out Stats is only available on Android devices while PinPal is available on both Android and iOS.

mc_runner
03-30-2015, 02:24 PM
Pinpal... only app i've ever paid for, and worth it if you're looking to really track your stuff. There's a free trial for it but it will only allow 4 weeks of entry I believe.

jab5325
03-30-2015, 07:52 PM
I use PinPal and enjoy it. Worth the $8.99 IMO.

fokai73
03-31-2015, 01:56 PM
Pin Pal is good, I have been using it for several years....BUT!!!!!!!

Pin Pal hasn't been updated since 2013!!!! Just letting you all know....seller jeff Stuart doesn't have a site anymore. so if you get it and have bugs....there's no fix...

For some keeping stats don't work..for others like me, it does. For example. first half of the seaon I was 79% in 10 pin spares. Being away from the game for over a year, I struggled with 10 pins. i saw the data and during the holiday break, worked on 10 pins. Second half I improved 15% being 94% in 10 pin spares.