PDA

View Full Version : Graffiti Tag Video Review

MOTIVmags
04-02-2015, 03:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbLUrv1LGPM

Description: The Graffiti Tag is the third release using the Halogen Light Bulb Core, it was previously used in the original Tribal and the Tribal Fire. The Tag however uses the all new Agility MXR shell.

Reaction: The intention of the Tag is for late blocks and short patterns, but I have found that it has even much more potential. The ball is cleaner than anything MOTIV has produced. With that being said it might scare some people into thinking that because of the length there is no way it can recover in time or with authority. It recovers plenty and then some, along with the distinguished MOTIV continuation through the pins. The ball keeps my lines very straight through the front part of the lane even on some broken down or shorter patterns such as practicing on the 2015 USBC Nationals pattern. This ball has earned a trip to El Paso this year because of the easy length it provides on the shorter patterns being used. Although it changes direction very fast when it hits friction the ball is deep enough on the pattern that I need that recovery. (I did break the Tag cover with 4K Abralon for use on the USBC pattern)

Layout #1 40 X 5 X 45
This has more hook potential of the two layouts. It starts sooner and doesn’t respond as aggressive to friction, but still more angular by far than anything in the line.

Layout #2 60 X 5.5 X 35
This layout accents the intention of the ball and where it fits in the MOTIV line. It’s very clean and very aggressive when encountering friction. There is not stoppage in either ball.

Comparisons: The Venom Panic is sooner and more gradual when it encounters friction. It has more hook potential, but because the Tag is so angular it appears to hook more. The Apex Ascent is clean, slower responding downlane and less overall hook. Once again MOTIV has done a great job on placing a ball into their ball guide. (http://www.motivbowling.com/resources/ball-guide.html)

Summary: I don’t tend to like lower-end/weaker pieces for the fact that I just don’t personally get much use from them. The Graffiti Tag however provides length and recovery that has never been produced before. This ball will be very popular because of the performance and the price point in which it is being offered.

Mike Magolan - MOTIV Staff/Turbo Staff/Boom Apparel Staff