PDA

View Full Version : Rolling over my finger holes!!!!

5280 Hooker
04-03-2015, 11:12 PM
What is causing my ball to roll over my finger holes....?

I'm left handed and a two handed bowler. It's doing it with both balls....my strike ball and spare ball.

What do I have to do to correct it.

Thanks!

Mike White
04-04-2015, 03:37 PM
What is causing my ball to roll over my finger holes....?

I'm left handed and a two handed bowler. It's doing it with both balls....my strike ball and spare ball.

What do I have to do to correct it.

Thanks!

With the minimal information you gave, it's pretty hard to identify a solution in your specific case.

Most 2 handed (assuming no thumb) bowlers tend to throw the ball with very little axis tilt, and that could be placing the fingers directly on the track area.

Since you're also having the problem with it on your spare ball, and I'm assuming your spare ball is something that doesn't flare, it's hitting the fingers right away.

If all of the above is true, you need to develop some axis tilt to get off of the fingers.

I would investigate other 2 handers and see if they have had the same problem, and how they solved it.

5280 Hooker
04-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Thanks Mike....I will look into axis tilt and try to understand it better.

Could re-drilling my ball help at all......could that change how it rolls or is it just me?

Blomer
04-05-2015, 07:42 PM
Might want to watch your release.

Mike White
04-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Thanks Mike....I will look into axis tilt and try to understand it better.

Could re-drilling my ball help at all......could that change how it rolls or is it just me?

It's possible that changing the lateral pitches in the finger holes could change the track a little, but that is more effective when you use the thumb as well.

If the ball isn't hitting the fingers right away, but hitting them in the back ends, then moving the pin location can change the flare pattern, hopefully so the finger holes aren't flared onto.

5280 Hooker
04-06-2015, 10:22 PM
I'm going to video myself at various angles then slow it down. I'll report back as to what I come up with.

Thanks for all the advise guys.