PDA

View Full Version : Self-Hypnosis (How Many use it?)

Iceman
01-30-2009, 02:15 PM
"These mental skills parallel what one feels when one is in a hypnotic state. The zone can be thought of as an altered state of mind. Many bowlers find that when they master self-hypnosis, they are better..."

So the question is, how many people have used self hypnosis or currently using it for their bowling?

I admit, I have used them and still do while in route to a tournament. I usually don't drive, my wife does so i can listen and relax. I do feel more confident about my abilities afterwards - but wonder how much of it is subliminal.

I have 2 bowling audio self hypnosis mp3's which I did purchase (I was suckered in when I was slumping horribly) - and I can almost repeat 1 of them in my head. I do use phrases from one when I'm on the approach - I even started tilting my head towards my mark - makes me feel zoned in on my target and go.

Jord_84
01-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Never heard of it. I always visualize my approach, my release, and the ball going where I want it....I stare down my mark too. I do that before every throw, it helps me get in the zone

jaws1945
01-31-2009, 11:14 AM
It seems like I'm always in a trance when I'm bowling:D

Iceman
01-31-2009, 01:43 PM
The slef hypnosis I speak of are like self help audio books.