PDA

View Full Version : Smiling Bowler @ The Dutchman Tournament 2015

SmilingBowler
04-14-2015, 09:53 PM
It has been quite some time since I stopped over here at bowlingboards but the time away has been a learning experience.

I have maintained a high level of focus on bowling. Once again learning by watching others and for the first time playing in a league that scores using Peterson Points. Let me tell you, if you haven't experienced Peterson Points; it is a far more competitive, head-to-head style scoring system with individual handicap. You don't just win games, you win points based on whether or not you beat your man, the guy opposite you on the score sheet. It is quite different than just winning games based on total pins.

Now to The Dutchman Tournament in Lebanon, PA... where you win baloney for five or six strikes in a row (depending if you're a 180 average) among other things.

It is a far more relaxed and fun atmosphere than bowling in States. But my experience at States the last three years prepared me to bowl as well as I did at Lebanon.

Singles: 157 199 198 554
Doubles: 165 233 153 551
Team: 725 series in 4 games
(forgot to record my individual game scores)

1830 Total Pins / 10 games

I felt pretty good. Went in there hoping to just be better than my 176 average. I came away averaging 183.
BONUS: Our team, The Smurfs, are in the Top 25 with handicap; hoping we finish no lower than top 100. 3631 +693h 4324

2015 Unofficial Tournament Standings here:
http://dutchmantourney.com/index.php/standings/2015-unofficial-results

Tournament continues through August.

I am grateful for all those who have helped me get better each and every season and I look forward to continuing to improve.
Next Tournament for this guy... States! In Harrisburg, PA May 15-17.