PDA

View Full Version : Tezza's Doubles Tournament Results

Tezza
04-28-2015, 03:38 AM
I've only been back to bowling since last year after a number of years off and I'm only bowling once a week, but I thought for some fun I would enter a mini doubles tournament with one of my league teammates. Different centre, different people, was just for fun and something different. With a league average at the time of 204, I bowled the following 6 games:

Game 1: 244 -> Started with a string and was clean. Nice start.
Game 2: 173 -> 2 opens (single pin and a chop). Back to earth.
Game 3: 144 -> 5 opens (3x 10 pins, 2 pin, bucket and chop). Not good! My 10 pin conversion yips for the last couple of weeks started here.
Game 4: 182 -> 3 opens (2x 10 pins, washout). Felt better. Concentrated on posting my shot better. Plenty of pocket shots, but not really the results.
Game 5: 237 -> 1 open (split). Much better, back to game 1. Drier line on this pair was nice.
Game 6: 210 -> 2 opens (pocket 5 7 10 split and pocket 5 10 split). Pretty good again, except the two solid pocket splits!

Total 1190 (Avg - 198.3)

All in all good fun. At the start of the day I would have been happy averaging just under 200 for my first tournament in years and in a center I've barely bowled at, with different lane conditions. Main disappointment was game 3. I can except the 180ish games as my low games, but not a 140.

There's a few more of these tournaments throughout the year, so I'll have a crack at some more.

Amyers
04-28-2015, 09:23 AM
Congrats on stepping out and trying something and there were some good scores in there keep it up.