PDA

View Full Version : Contest May 4, 2015 to May 10, 2015 - Roto Grip Unhinged

BowlingBoards.com
05-07-2015, 12:29 PM
We are giving away a Roto Grip Unhinged to a random poster from May 4, 2015 through May 10, 2015.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of "trying to win" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

LyalC52
05-07-2015, 01:31 PM
Kinda wondering why Storm doesn't fragrance the Roto Grip balls.
Storm holds a patent on smelly urethane that keeps other manufactures from doing the same.

Tony
05-07-2015, 01:53 PM
I debated on getting this ball instead of the hyper cell skid, they both look like they would be nice balls to have, in the end I can't complain about the ball I have but I'd love to have this one also.

fortheloveofbowling
05-07-2015, 03:31 PM
I have been wanting this and bowlingboards.com knows my address so.......

SRB57
05-07-2015, 09:11 PM
This would give me another option in my Roto Grip arsenal. Speaking of storm and the way they have scents built into them. My roto grip hyper cell skid has a scent to it. Steve

foreverincamo
05-08-2015, 12:21 AM
Roto Grip is a cool name for a ball. So is Unhinged, which is what my wife would become if I bought another ball this year. I'm allowed to win one though.

fortheloveofbowling
05-08-2015, 12:51 AM
This would give me another option in my Roto Grip arsenal. Speaking of storm and the way they have scents built into them. My roto grip hyper cell skid has a scent to it. Steve

The scent is steve?:) I didn't know they started scents with roto equipment also. Must have just started recently, last roto ball i bought was the sinister.

LyalC52
05-08-2015, 09:06 AM
I know a guy nicknamed "Stinky Steve".
Guy owns, operates and lives in a machine shop. Never wears shoes, rarely bathes, but is top notch machinist.
I hope it's not that smell

jojoboys
05-08-2015, 11:31 AM
this is the exact ball i need to throw my first 300 game!!

vdubtx
05-08-2015, 01:48 PM
Everyone else will have to just get in line behind me. This one is mine. :p

SRB57
05-08-2015, 09:02 PM
The scent is steve?:) I didn't know they started scents with roto equipment also. Must have just started recently, last roto ball i bought was the sinister.

It smells kind of sweet maybe like a new car air freshener. It was an early one made in December according to the box. I have never had a storm ball drilled but there scents are all different from what I have read. If I win the unhinged I will let everyone know how it smells when it is drilled... Steve

Tony
05-08-2015, 11:13 PM
I think the Hyper Cell Skid I got a couple of months ago also had a scent, smelled like a musky fruity smell, something I didn't recognize exactly. Left it in the truck for a few hours and you could certainly notice it when I opened the door. I can't swear it wasn't Steve or even Smelly Steve since those scents are not one's I'm familiar with, but it was something, even if just out-gassing aroma from the ball ? Not sure but we can suggest they mix up a batch of Steve
The ball inspection date on the box is 11/13/2014

Blomer
05-09-2015, 09:56 AM
Been checking this ball up! Hook me up! Save me some cash!

ellisr63
05-09-2015, 12:44 PM
So do you need to post in this thread to be entered or are all members automatically entered by posting in the Forum during the entry period?

ragstormfan
05-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Want the chance to throw more Roto Grip stuff! This would help get me started.

djp1080
05-10-2015, 04:51 PM
Might be stuck in a rut with Storm gear. Like what I've seen with the Unhinged ball so far. It could be a good addition to someone's arsenal...

fortheloveofbowling
05-10-2015, 06:25 PM
I will take a 16lb 3-4 pin please. Thank you very kindly.:)

LyalC52
05-10-2015, 06:41 PM
Might be stuck in a rut with Storm gear. Like what I've seen with the Unhinged ball so far. It could be a good addition to someone's arsenal...

FYI RotoGrip is owned by Storm

fortheloveofbowling
05-10-2015, 06:47 PM

Probably close to 20 years but have always had different core and cover designers and tended to have different motion concepts overall.

classygranny
05-10-2015, 07:41 PM

Probably close to 20 years but have always had different core and cover designers and tended to have different motion concepts overall.

And they are NOT scented!

fortheloveofbowling
05-10-2015, 08:42 PM
And they are NOT scented!

Not that i have ever noticed or heard of.

vdubtx
05-11-2015, 11:39 AM
Not that i have ever noticed or heard of.

Think that was a statement and not a question. ;)

To the poster that asked about posting in this thread to enter, no, you don't have to post in the contest thread to be entered. Each post is an entry, regardless of which thread you are posting in.

foxie25
05-11-2015, 12:44 PM
Would love a new rock

foreverincamo
05-12-2015, 12:59 AM
Foxie25, nice to see another Ohioan on the board. You've been a member longer than I have. Just don't remember seeing the name.