PDA

View Full Version : Am I out of line for asking for my drilling specs from PSO?

NewToBowling
05-17-2015, 10:44 AM
The center where my PSO is at is closing thus he is closing down. He drilled my ball and from all accounts it fits fine. No hand pain, etc.

I asked him if he didn't mind if I got a copy of my drill spec sheet. He refused. No worries but is it that big a deal especially since he isn't going to be in business anymore. He says it is his property and doesn't want others benefitting from his work.

But I paid for his services to measure my hand. Should I have access to them when I go to a new PSO?

Thoughts

epiepenburg
05-17-2015, 02:19 PM
Most pro shops should be able to replicate a drilling based off a ball that's drilled to your liking. But honestly I don't see what the big deal would be about getting your drill sheet....

Amyers
05-17-2015, 06:21 PM
Don't see what the big deal is someone should be able to replicate it but if he's not drilling anymore why not give it to you

vdubtx
05-17-2015, 07:09 PM
I would find a different shop. It's not some big secret or anything.

NewToBowling
05-17-2015, 07:38 PM
My thoughts exactly. I paid him for the work. Oh well

RobLV1
05-17-2015, 10:30 PM
The guy is acting like a total jerk! A good driller should be able to match a ball exactly, but that's not the point. Some day, this guy may decide to start drilling somewhere else. If he does, he's going to find out that what goes around comes around. Karma.

got_a_300
05-18-2015, 03:14 AM
I have to agree with the others the guy is being a jerk
it's not like your specs is a top secret military secret or
something he should be happy to give them to you.

Hampe
05-18-2015, 04:18 AM
While technically the guy is right he doesn't HAVE to give you the sheet, there is no reason he shouldn't. Reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQl5aYhkF3E

jab5325
05-18-2015, 07:48 AM
I'd be going to a different shop if that happened to me. I'd never spend a dime more in that place.

NewToBowling
05-18-2015, 09:57 AM
Yeah, he closed up so I have no other choice but to go to another shop.

When you guys say another PSO can just look at my ball and drill exactly to the same measurements how accurate is this. The span, finger holes, thumb holes, pitches feel good so no real need to change. Especially the thumb hole. I did have him open it up just a smidge and feels good now. Before it was a bit too tight and had trouble releasing. Now it is just "snug" and I don't have any thumb related release issues anymore.

Amyers
05-18-2015, 10:07 AM
My experience with this is the span and pitches are easy to replicate the exact feel of the thumb hole always feels different to me from ball to ball but that's even with using the same driller. Others have told me that their drillers can give the exact same feel. I don't know maybe I'm sensitive to it or maybe they have better PSO"s I'm not sure.

vdubtx
05-18-2015, 10:32 AM
Unless you get a thumb slug mold, each ball will vary slightly depending on how much you have the PSO open up the thumb hole, and also where he opens it up. Typically I start with a size and the driller sand it down, then I tell him to open up each side of my thumb to get the feel that is ok for me. I also take a piece of tape and immediately put it in and try it before leaving to be sure it is OK.