PDA

View Full Version : Nice surprise from Pro-Shop

vdubtx
05-25-2015, 10:00 AM
Went yesterday to buy a new ball that I have been eyeing for drier lane conditions, the Storm Ride. Called first to be sure they had one in 15, they had a few. Gave the driller my drill sheet and pap measurements etc., pin distance I preferred and he started to lay it out.

Once he drilled it up did a test fit on it and the ball just did not feel right, the cut from middle finger was off 1/32" on middle finger to thumb. He redid the slug but the thumb hole was right up against the hole for the slug, too close I thought. He decided to punch up another one stating that was the first time he had missed.

When he was finally done with attempt 2, we test fitted and It was perfect. He glued the inserts in and I started to get my cash out, he asked if I had pre-paid and I said I hadn't, he then said this one was on him for missing and taking so long. I protested but he was not having any of it.

Needless to say I was floored. Did not expect for him to say that, at the least a discount, but not a 100% one.

Now that I have the money still in my pocket with a new ball in my possession, think it might be time to get a new spare ball.

bowl1820
05-25-2015, 10:21 AM
Okay that was a great deal!

NewToBowling
05-25-2015, 10:31 AM
Great deal. Comping the drilling would have been great already but free ball also. Very generous but either he is too nice or rolling in the dough

Tony
05-25-2015, 01:46 PM
That's top of the line customer service, we have gotten so used to being treated like crap by so many people and companies in business transactions it seems strange for people to go to those lengths. While granted he went further than would even be required for it to be considered great service, I'm sure you've already told dozens of people and chances are he will come out with several extra customers.

mc_runner
05-25-2015, 02:08 PM
That's awesome, if that were me he'd have a customer for life. Like Tony said, word of mouth can go a really long way (good and bad) especially in a community like bowling.

Amyers
05-25-2015, 04:33 PM
Wow can't believe he did that my pro shops have done some things I've considered above and beyond but nothing like that cool deal

SRB57
05-25-2015, 07:47 PM
Nice, He probably was a little embarrassed over the miss and thought it would save face and make a customer for life and all the word of moth to boot. Have you thrown the new ball yet? Steve

Tezza
05-25-2015, 10:08 PM
Sweet!

Mike White
05-25-2015, 10:28 PM
Went yesterday to buy a new ball that I have been eyeing for drier lane conditions, the Storm Ride. Called first to be sure they had one in 15, they had a few. Gave the driller my drill sheet and pap measurements etc., pin distance I preferred and he started to lay it out.

Once he drilled it up did a test fit on it and the ball just did not feel right, the cut from middle finger was off 1/32" on middle finger to thumb. He redid the slug but the thumb hole was right up against the hole for the slug, too close I thought. He decided to punch up another one stating that was the first time he had missed.

When he was finally done with attempt 2, we test fitted and It was perfect. He glued the inserts in and I started to get my cash out, he asked if I had pre-paid and I said I hadn't, he then said this one was on him for missing and taking so long. I protested but he was not having any of it.

Needless to say I was floored. Did not expect for him to say that, at the least a discount, but not a 100% one.

Now that I have the money still in my pocket with a new ball in my possession, think it might be time to get a new spare ball.

You probably aren't going to notice 1/32 in span, but if you also have an incorrect pitch, it would feel wrong.

It's possible he realized it was screwed up more than the 1/32, and had to drill another ball.

So rather than make your story about how he screwed up, by giving you the ball free, your story focuses on the free ball aspect.

Jessiewoodard57
05-26-2015, 01:44 PM
What awesome deal! I just picked my Ride up on Saturday (200 drilled) and love it ....was looking at a hammer but will not buy from EBI again