4000 Laser Grit Sanded
Symmetrical Halogen Core
Layout 55 x 4-7/8 x 40

Bowler Specs:
Right Hand PAP 5 Over 1/4 up
Rev Rate 275. Tilt 20. Rotation 50
Speed off hand 18

Review:
As much as I liked the original Tank, I like the Rebel Tank even more. The new Rebel Tank seems to hit harder and mix pins better than the original. I also had more miss area which is tough with standard urethane. I believe the new core and cover combination was definitely an upgrade. The Rebel Tank is a great choice for drier lanes when you need to blend out a tough lane condition or eliminate unpredictability. The ball has true urethane roll but will not disappoint. The Rebel is very even and there is no over / under reaction. The ball hits hard and I was surprised to see more mix than I’m used to in a regular urethane. I was very pleased by the way the Rebel Tank carried. I felt with the box surface it did read a little early but that was easily corrected with polish. The Rebel Tank polishes well for a urethane ball. Some of the urethanes from years ago were a ton of work to polish.
I tested the Tank on a dry flat shot. I have thrown Urethane in the past but the new Rebel Tank impressed me. The roll was strong and once I got lined up it was hard to miss the pocket. On a tough lane that is a nice feeling to have. The ball hit great and had a medium flare. I think the core and cover match is awesome on this ball. The Rebel Tank was stronger than my Arctic Sniper but weaker than my Apex. The Rebel Tank will be in my tournament arsenal. It will be nice to use as a safety net if things get tough. The shelf appeal again is good and with a red slug and grips installed it’s pretty sweet looking.

Summary:
Very Predictable
Excellent hit from a Urethane
Great for Dry tough conditions
Another nice addition to the lineup.
Great to have for tounaments

Glenn Wendel
Motiv Staff
Turbo Staff
PBA Member
www.motivbowling.com

Video Link