PDA

View Full Version : Practice Routine

JoeBeavis
05-30-2015, 03:08 PM
Although I bowl often I don't feel I am truly practicing. Any advice on good things or methods to practice?

epiepenburg
05-30-2015, 03:38 PM
Go practice with a specific intention. I like to try and focus on something to work on and not worry about score. Even if it means playing a line I might normally not shoot so that I can intentionally shoot at spares.

djp1080
05-30-2015, 06:42 PM
Susie Minshew in October 2013 has an article named The T Word regarding various practice that she recommends in Bowling This Month on line magazine. This might suit your needs and make you more versatile in your approach to bowling. Hope this helps...

Aslan
06-01-2015, 02:59 PM
Lately I've used my practice time more wisely. When I first started I was just throwing games. Now I usually have a list of things I'm working on and I'll bowl a set focusing on one thing...then another set focusing on something else. I try to isolate just one thing at a time. And if spare shooting was a concern the week before, I might play 1-6 games of lowball and just attack the poo out of those corner pins.

JerseyJim
06-08-2015, 09:28 PM
Most of the time I use practice to hone my spare game. Find a spare system that works for you and practice it religiously. I might go three games without throwing at the pocket. The last game I use to practice getting the ball to the pocket from different angles.

fokai73
06-18-2015, 01:37 PM
If you throw a plastic ball and have a spare system in place, practice a game of low ball. If I go with a friend, we make practice into a game. the lowest score wins and get free beer!

First ball 10 pin. Second ball 7 pin. That equals 2 pins. But if you have a Gutter ball you add 10 pins in the first ball and if you gutter on the second ball, you add 10 pins plus whatever is left in the deck.

Before going to practice I have a goal set. I can work on one or two things per session when it's not too busy. Also, I know on sundays there are parties. I bowl regular games with the dry or messed up conditions with the loud music and kids screaming. I put myself into the fire so I can learn to stay cool....